Keith Stanfield to Play Snoop Dogg in N.W.A Biopic 'Straight Outta Compton'
Keith Stanfield is added to the cast ensemble of "Straight Outta Compton", The Wrap learns. The actor who showed off his rap skills in 2013's critically acclaimed film "Short Term 12" is tapped to play a young Snoop Dogg in the upcoming N.W.A biopic.
O'Shea Jackson Jr. is set to play his own father Ice Cube, while Corey Hawkins and Jason Mitchell are attached to portray Dr. Dre and the late Eazy-E respectively. Aldis Hodge and Neil Brown Jr. join the pic as the group's other members MC Ren and DJ Yella.
The movie is booked for August 14, 2015. F. Gary Gray ("The Italian Job") will direct the pic from a script by Jonathan Herman. Cube and Dre serve as producers for the biopic along with Eazy-E's widow Tomica Woods-Wright.
Stanfield, 23, was last seen in "The Purge: Anarchy". He will next play civil rights activist Jimmie Lee Jackson in Martin Luther King Jr. film "Selma" and plays a role in Miles Davis biopic "Miles Ahead" where Don Cheadle serves as a director and plays the main character.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21