Leonardo DiCaprio Takes Ice Bucket Challenge, Donates $100,000 to ALS Research
Leonardo DiCaprio is the latest celebrity who takes the Ice Bucket Challenge. The "Django Unchained" actor took to Facebook on Monday, August 25 to share a video of him taking the challenge together with three other friends in front of Lake Athabasca in Canada.
He wrote along with the video, "Hello from Lake Athabasca, we're here learning about the Canadian tar sands. We took a moment to join the #IceBucketChallenge movement in support of the ALS Association. My friends Chief Adam of the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation challenges Dave Collyer president of Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, Chief Courtoreille of the Mikisew Cree First Nation challenges Mark Little of Suncor Canada and The Sierra Club President Michael Brune challenges Shell CEO Ben van Beurden."
The star of "The Great Gatsby" added, "And me? In addition to a donation from my foundation, I challenge Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper."
A source revealed that Leonardo donated $100,000 to ALS research on behalf of his foundation, the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation.
Other celebrities who have taken the Ice Bucket Challenge are Seth Meyers and Courteney Cox. Seth took the challenge after hosting the 2014 Emmy Awards. In a video posted on "Late Night with Seth Meyers" Instagram account, Seth can be seen taking off his blazer as he walked off the stage. After nominating President of Russia Vladimir Putin, he was poured with a bucket of ice.
Meanwhile, Courteney shared on Twitter a video of her accepting the challenge after being nominated by her best friend, Jennifer Aniston. She wrote along with the video, "I accepted the ALS ice bucket challenge. Let's all donate and help find a cure." In the video, she was first poured with a bucket of ice by Ed Sheeran. Soon after that, she was poured with a bigger bucket of ice by two other friends.
I accepted the ALS ice bucket challenge. LetÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½s all donate and help find a cure. http://t.co/u24nMnxMbm— Courteney Cox (@CourteneyCox) August 25, 2014
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie