Prince Readying Two New Albums for September
Prince is releasing not one, but two new albums later this year. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker has announced that the LPs, which are now available for pre-order on his website, will both arrive on September 30.
One of the albums is a solo effort titled "ART OFFICIAL AGE". Produced, arranged, composed and performed by Prince himself (with singer-songwriter Joshua Welton), it features 13 tracks including "Breakdown", "Breakfast Can Wait", "This Could Be Us", "Funkroll" and the just-shared "Cloud".
Meanwhile, the other album is "PLECTRUMELECTRUM" that Prince has been talking about. Marking his first full-length with his band 3rd Eye Girl, it has so far been preceded by "Pretzelbodylogic" and "Fixurlifeup". The 12-track record will also feature an alternate version of "Funkroll".
The two sets are coming via Warner Bros. Records, which Prince rejoined earlier this year. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of his "Purple Rain", the musician also plans to re-release the remastered deluxe edition of the album.
More Prince News
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child