Prince Readying Two New Albums for September
Prince is releasing not one, but two new albums later this year. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker has announced that the LPs, which are now available for pre-order on his website, will both arrive on September 30.
One of the albums is a solo effort titled "ART OFFICIAL AGE". Produced, arranged, composed and performed by Prince himself (with singer-songwriter Joshua Welton), it features 13 tracks including "Breakdown", "Breakfast Can Wait", "This Could Be Us", "Funkroll" and the just-shared "Cloud".
Meanwhile, the other album is "PLECTRUMELECTRUM" that Prince has been talking about. Marking his first full-length with his band 3rd Eye Girl, it has so far been preceded by "Pretzelbodylogic" and "Fixurlifeup". The 12-track record will also feature an alternate version of "Funkroll".
The two sets are coming via Warner Bros. Records, which Prince rejoined earlier this year. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of his "Purple Rain", the musician also plans to re-release the remastered deluxe edition of the album.
More Prince News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding