Prince Readying Two New Albums for September
Prince is releasing not one, but two new albums later this year. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker has announced that the LPs, which are now available for pre-order on his website, will both arrive on September 30.
One of the albums is a solo effort titled "ART OFFICIAL AGE". Produced, arranged, composed and performed by Prince himself (with singer-songwriter Joshua Welton), it features 13 tracks including "Breakdown", "Breakfast Can Wait", "This Could Be Us", "Funkroll" and the just-shared "Cloud".
Meanwhile, the other album is "PLECTRUMELECTRUM" that Prince has been talking about. Marking his first full-length with his band 3rd Eye Girl, it has so far been preceded by "Pretzelbodylogic" and "Fixurlifeup". The 12-track record will also feature an alternate version of "Funkroll".
The two sets are coming via Warner Bros. Records, which Prince rejoined earlier this year. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of his "Purple Rain", the musician also plans to re-release the remastered deluxe edition of the album.
More Prince News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video