Suge Knight's Family Gives Update on His Condition: He Lost a Lot of Blood
Suge Knight is resting after he got shot at a pre-VMA party hosted by Chris Brown and Pia Mia recently. His family took to Facebook on Monday, August 25 to share an update on his condition and ask fans to respect their privacy as he recovers.
"The family of Suge Knight ask that you keep Suge in your prayers and to stray away from the negativity portrayed by the media," read the statement. Suge is currently resting and has lost a lot of blood, he's human. He's done a lot of things for the community and the culture as a whole so we ask that you respect that."
The music exec was injured in a shooting incident at 101OAK in Los Angeles on early Sunday. According to a statement from police, two men and a woman were also injured.
On Sunday night, a representative for Brown released a statement saying that the R&B star would continue cooperating with the authorities during the investigation. "Chris hosted an event in Los Angeles last night to celebrate the upcoming release of his album 'X', during which an incident occurred," the rep said.
"This incident did not involve Chris; he was merely the host of the event," the rep added. "(Chris) has and will continue to cooperate with the investigation."
Some people previously claimed that the target was Brown instead of the former Death Row Records CEO. A recent report by NY Daily News, however, suggested that the shots were intended for Knight.
Citing a law enforcement source close to the investigation, the site said that investigators were investigating a "clear" video from the establishment. "The shooting happened almost immediately after (Knight) arrived, so it looks like a crime of opportunity. He appeared to be the intended target," the source said.
A partygoer named Katie Clendon previously tweeted, "Literally can't believe what I just witnessed. Someone tried to fire shots at Chris Brown at 1oak. Speechless." She later told The Daily Beast that she was not really sure of the situation, but "the shots were obviously targeted at his table."
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung