'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Teaser: Rick Steps Up for His Family
AMC continues teasing "The Walking Dead" fans with new footage from the upcoming season 5. The latest promo video is short but does hint at what kind of a man Rick is now. "These people are my family...and if you hurt them in any way, I will kill you," he says in voiceover as the scene shows Daryl and Glenn who are tied and gagged.
The sound of blades being sharpened is heard in the background, fueling speculation that the Terminants who capture Rick and his group are the infamous men-eating Hunters from the comics. Rick's line, meanwhile, shows the darker and tougher person he has become since the season 4 finale, when he vowed to revenge his friends on the captors.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 premieres Sunday, October 12 at 9 P.M. ET on AMC. The first episode will pick up right where the fourth season finale left off. Series creator Robert Kirkman told Entertainment Weekly, "We very quickly deal with the situation that we left them in - this trapped, victim situation where they're kind of at the mercy of the people of Terminus."
From there, the show would "hit the ground running." He explained, "We really kind of expand the story from there very rapidly, so I think this is going to be a pretty fast-paced season with quite a bit going on."
More The Walking Dead News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel