Jeremy Renner Hints at Hawkeye's Appearance in 'Captain America 3'
Jeremy Renner teased that he mightbe involved in "Captain America 3". It will mark his fourth appearance in Marvel Cinematic Universe. The star first played Hawkeye in "Thor", reprised his role in "The Avengers", and will next return for "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
"There are rumblings of Captain America 3," the "American Hustle" actor spilled in a recent interview with Collider. "I don't know what's going to happen there. I've got to find the time, man (laughs). I'm trying to stay home and I can't."
When quizzed about Renner's comments by Superhero Hype in a more recent chat, directors Anthony and Joe Russo neither confirmed nor denied it. "There are certainly characters that Cap is close to or has a strong relationship with that would make sense appearing in his films. I think that's all we can say about it," they said.
The threequel is set for May 6, 2016. It was originally scheduled to have a showdown with "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" before WB decided to move the "Man of Steel" sequel to March 25.
"We knew when they announced that it was somewhat of a placeholder, that it was a game of chicken to see if Marvel really had a film that was going to land on that date or not," Joe said to Cinema Blend. He added, "We knew it [the showdown] was never going to happen. We knew those two films would never stay on that date. So we knew somebody was going to move."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'