Jeremy Renner Hints at Hawkeye's Appearance in 'Captain America 3'
Jeremy Renner teased that he mightbe involved in "Captain America 3". It will mark his fourth appearance in Marvel Cinematic Universe. The star first played Hawkeye in "Thor", reprised his role in "The Avengers", and will next return for "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
"There are rumblings of Captain America 3," the "American Hustle" actor spilled in a recent interview with Collider. "I don't know what's going to happen there. I've got to find the time, man (laughs). I'm trying to stay home and I can't."
When quizzed about Renner's comments by Superhero Hype in a more recent chat, directors Anthony and Joe Russo neither confirmed nor denied it. "There are certainly characters that Cap is close to or has a strong relationship with that would make sense appearing in his films. I think that's all we can say about it," they said.
The threequel is set for May 6, 2016. It was originally scheduled to have a showdown with "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" before WB decided to move the "Man of Steel" sequel to March 25.
"We knew when they announced that it was somewhat of a placeholder, that it was a game of chicken to see if Marvel really had a film that was going to land on that date or not," Joe said to Cinema Blend. He added, "We knew it [the showdown] was never going to happen. We knew those two films would never stay on that date. So we knew somebody was going to move."
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom