Report: Jack Huston in Talks for 'Dr. Strange' Movie
Another actor is added to the mix of "Dr. Strange" casting rumor. According to a scoop from ThisIsInfamous, "Boardwalk Empire" star Jack Huston is in contention to portray Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme in the upcoming adaptation.
Other rumored candidates to play Stephen Strange are Tom Hardy, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix. Marvel also reportedly considered Benedict Cumberbatch and Jon Hamm to headline the film, but both stars have denied it.
The studio's head Kevin Feige once said the film would be the "doorway" to enter the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") will serve behind the lens. The movie is slated for July 8, 2016 release in the U.S.
Huston, 31, was last seen on the big screen alongside Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner in David O. Russell's Oscar-nominated crime comedy "American Hustle". The British star will next star in "The Longest Ride".
More Doctor Strange News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'