Report: Jack Huston in Talks for 'Dr. Strange' Movie
Another actor is added to the mix of "Dr. Strange" casting rumor. According to a scoop from ThisIsInfamous, "Boardwalk Empire" star Jack Huston is in contention to portray Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme in the upcoming adaptation.
Other rumored candidates to play Stephen Strange are Tom Hardy, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix. Marvel also reportedly considered Benedict Cumberbatch and Jon Hamm to headline the film, but both stars have denied it.
The studio's head Kevin Feige once said the film would be the "doorway" to enter the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") will serve behind the lens. The movie is slated for July 8, 2016 release in the U.S.
Huston, 31, was last seen on the big screen alongside Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner in David O. Russell's Oscar-nominated crime comedy "American Hustle". The British star will next star in "The Longest Ride".
More Doctor Strange News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance