Report: Jack Huston in Talks for 'Dr. Strange' Movie
Another actor is added to the mix of "Dr. Strange" casting rumor. According to a scoop from ThisIsInfamous, "Boardwalk Empire" star Jack Huston is in contention to portray Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme in the upcoming adaptation.
Other rumored candidates to play Stephen Strange are Tom Hardy, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix. Marvel also reportedly considered Benedict Cumberbatch and Jon Hamm to headline the film, but both stars have denied it.
The studio's head Kevin Feige once said the film would be the "doorway" to enter the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") will serve behind the lens. The movie is slated for July 8, 2016 release in the U.S.
Huston, 31, was last seen on the big screen alongside Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner in David O. Russell's Oscar-nominated crime comedy "American Hustle". The British star will next star in "The Longest Ride".
More Doctor Strange News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby