Report: Jack Huston in Talks for 'Dr. Strange' Movie
Another actor is added to the mix of "Dr. Strange" casting rumor. According to a scoop from ThisIsInfamous, "Boardwalk Empire" star Jack Huston is in contention to portray Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme in the upcoming adaptation.
Other rumored candidates to play Stephen Strange are Tom Hardy, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix. Marvel also reportedly considered Benedict Cumberbatch and Jon Hamm to headline the film, but both stars have denied it.
The studio's head Kevin Feige once said the film would be the "doorway" to enter the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") will serve behind the lens. The movie is slated for July 8, 2016 release in the U.S.
Huston, 31, was last seen on the big screen alongside Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner in David O. Russell's Oscar-nominated crime comedy "American Hustle". The British star will next star in "The Longest Ride".
More Doctor Strange News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes