Report: Jack Huston in Talks for 'Dr. Strange' Movie
Another actor is added to the mix of "Dr. Strange" casting rumor. According to a scoop from ThisIsInfamous, "Boardwalk Empire" star Jack Huston is in contention to portray Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme in the upcoming adaptation.
Other rumored candidates to play Stephen Strange are Tom Hardy, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix. Marvel also reportedly considered Benedict Cumberbatch and Jon Hamm to headline the film, but both stars have denied it.
The studio's head Kevin Feige once said the film would be the "doorway" to enter the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") will serve behind the lens. The movie is slated for July 8, 2016 release in the U.S.
Huston, 31, was last seen on the big screen alongside Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner in David O. Russell's Oscar-nominated crime comedy "American Hustle". The British star will next star in "The Longest Ride".
More Doctor Strange News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie