Young Jeezy Arrested on Weapon Charge
Rapper Young Jeezy was arrested for gun possession following an investigation into a recent fatal shooting at Wiz Khalifa's "Under the Influence of Music" concert in Silicon Valley. Mountain View police spokesperson Sgt. Saul Jaeger said on Monday, August 25 that Jeezy, born Jay Wayne Jenkins, was arrested for suspicion of possession of an assault weapon during a search at the Verizon Amphitheatre in Irvine, Calif.
Five other people named Alexa Beason, 52; William Paul Gilmore, 48; David Kuniansky-Altman, 31; Kena Jermaine Marshall, 39; and Peter Arthur Maynard, 38 who work for the tour were arrested on the same charge. "We haven't made any arrests for the homicide. These arrests were made during the execution of the warrant," Jaeger added. As of Monday, Jeezy was held at Orange County Central Jail on $1 million bail according to San Jose Mercury News.
A 38-year-old man named Eric Johnson of Orinda passed away from gunshot wounds on Saturday. He was shot while at the backstage of the tour, where Jeezy also serves as a co-headlining act, the previous day.
Khalifa canceled his concert at Chula Vista, California on Saturday night in the wake of the shooting. "Due to a situation out of our control, tonight's UTIOM show is canceled. This was a senseless tragedy. Violence is never the answer. My prayers go out to the victim's family," he said in a statement.
More Young Jeezy News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival