Young Jeezy Arrested on Weapon Charge
Rapper Young Jeezy was arrested for gun possession following an investigation into a recent fatal shooting at Wiz Khalifa's "Under the Influence of Music" concert in Silicon Valley. Mountain View police spokesperson Sgt. Saul Jaeger said on Monday, August 25 that Jeezy, born Jay Wayne Jenkins, was arrested for suspicion of possession of an assault weapon during a search at the Verizon Amphitheatre in Irvine, Calif.
Five other people named Alexa Beason, 52; William Paul Gilmore, 48; David Kuniansky-Altman, 31; Kena Jermaine Marshall, 39; and Peter Arthur Maynard, 38 who work for the tour were arrested on the same charge. "We haven't made any arrests for the homicide. These arrests were made during the execution of the warrant," Jaeger added. As of Monday, Jeezy was held at Orange County Central Jail on $1 million bail according to San Jose Mercury News.
A 38-year-old man named Eric Johnson of Orinda passed away from gunshot wounds on Saturday. He was shot while at the backstage of the tour, where Jeezy also serves as a co-headlining act, the previous day.
Khalifa canceled his concert at Chula Vista, California on Saturday night in the wake of the shooting. "Due to a situation out of our control, tonight's UTIOM show is canceled. This was a senseless tragedy. Violence is never the answer. My prayers go out to the victim's family," he said in a statement.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards