Emmy Awards 2014: Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn Win Supporting Actors, Julianna Margulies Is Best Actress
"Breaking Bad" won mutiple awards at its last time competing at the Primetime Emmy Awards. The show paired up the Outstanding Supporting Actor and Actress in a Drama Series prizes, thanks to Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn's performances on the show.
Paul, winning his second Emmy for the crime drama series, got a bit emotional as he accepted his trophy. "My God, 'Breaking Bad'," he said on stage. "There's not a single day that goes by that I don't miss running to work to work opposite of you, my friend," he said to his former co-star Bryan Cranston.
It's also the second Emmy for Gunn. The show won its third Emmy that night for Writing for a Drama Series. Moira Walley-Beckett won this category for writing "Ozymandias", the penultimate episode of the series.
Julianna Margulies claimed the title as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, almost five years after she won in the same category for "The Good Wife". "What a wonderful time for women on television," she said in her acceptance speech.
She praised the show's writers for delivering 22 episodes a year rather than 13 like most cable dramas. She also gave a shout-out to co-star Josh Charles who exited the show in last season, saying, "And Josh Charles, I miss you every day. What were you thinking?"
Earlier that night, Billy Crystal paid a touching tribute to close friend Robin Williams. "He made us laugh, hard, every time we saw him," he said. He continued with shaking voice, "As genius as he was on stage, he was the greatest friend you could ever imagine - supportive, protective loving."
"It's very hard to talk about him in the past because he was so present in all of our lives," he added, calling the late comedian "the brightest star in the comedy galaxy" for almost 40 years.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert