Emmy Awards 2014: Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn Win Supporting Actors, Julianna Margulies Is Best Actress
"Breaking Bad" won mutiple awards at its last time competing at the Primetime Emmy Awards. The show paired up the Outstanding Supporting Actor and Actress in a Drama Series prizes, thanks to Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn's performances on the show.
Paul, winning his second Emmy for the crime drama series, got a bit emotional as he accepted his trophy. "My God, 'Breaking Bad'," he said on stage. "There's not a single day that goes by that I don't miss running to work to work opposite of you, my friend," he said to his former co-star Bryan Cranston.
It's also the second Emmy for Gunn. The show won its third Emmy that night for Writing for a Drama Series. Moira Walley-Beckett won this category for writing "Ozymandias", the penultimate episode of the series.
Julianna Margulies claimed the title as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, almost five years after she won in the same category for "The Good Wife". "What a wonderful time for women on television," she said in her acceptance speech.
She praised the show's writers for delivering 22 episodes a year rather than 13 like most cable dramas. She also gave a shout-out to co-star Josh Charles who exited the show in last season, saying, "And Josh Charles, I miss you every day. What were you thinking?"
Earlier that night, Billy Crystal paid a touching tribute to close friend Robin Williams. "He made us laugh, hard, every time we saw him," he said. He continued with shaking voice, "As genius as he was on stage, he was the greatest friend you could ever imagine - supportive, protective loving."
"It's very hard to talk about him in the past because he was so present in all of our lives," he added, calling the late comedian "the brightest star in the comedy galaxy" for almost 40 years.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal