Charli XCX Plays a Rebellious Student in 'Break the Rules' Video
Charli XCX has debuted the official music video for her latest single, "Break the Rules". Hitting the web on Monday, August 25, the clip features the British songstress as a rebellious student. She hijacks a school bus and takes a field trip to a lingerie store with some other girls.
Charli is also seen dancing atop a school bus emblazoned with the title of her new album "Sucker". The 22-year-old beauty and her crew later crash a prom and anger the strict chaperone played by Rose McGowan.
"Break the Rules" was debuted last week. "The song is inspired by a lot of the things I was listening to whilst in Sweden at the end of last year," Charli has said of the track. "I spent about a month making a punk record and covering songs by Swedish punk bands like Snuffed by the Yakuza and stuff. This song was written when I came out of the other side of that punk phase and translated it into something more pop. Obviously, it's about not giving a f**k."
Coming to follow up "Boom Clap", the new single will appear in the singer's upcoming sophomore album "Sucker" that is due out on October 21 via Neon Gold/Atlantic Records.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri