Charli XCX Plays a Rebellious Student in 'Break the Rules' Video
Charli XCX has debuted the official music video for her latest single, "Break the Rules". Hitting the web on Monday, August 25, the clip features the British songstress as a rebellious student. She hijacks a school bus and takes a field trip to a lingerie store with some other girls.
Charli is also seen dancing atop a school bus emblazoned with the title of her new album "Sucker". The 22-year-old beauty and her crew later crash a prom and anger the strict chaperone played by Rose McGowan.
"Break the Rules" was debuted last week. "The song is inspired by a lot of the things I was listening to whilst in Sweden at the end of last year," Charli has said of the track. "I spent about a month making a punk record and covering songs by Swedish punk bands like Snuffed by the Yakuza and stuff. This song was written when I came out of the other side of that punk phase and translated it into something more pop. Obviously, it's about not giving a f**k."
Coming to follow up "Boom Clap", the new single will appear in the singer's upcoming sophomore album "Sucker" that is due out on October 21 via Neon Gold/Atlantic Records.
Charli XCX's "Break the Rules" music video
More Charli XCX News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna