Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger Join Hollywood Notables in Denouncing Hamas
Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger were among more than 190 Hollywood executives, celebrities and creatives who signed a pro-Israel statement posted on Creative Community for Peace and Friends' website. Other celebrities like Seth Rogen, Kelsey Grammer and Minnie Driver also signed the statement.
The statement read, "While we stand firm in our commitment to peace and justice, we must also stand firm against ideologies of hatred and genocide which are reflected in Hamas' charter, Article 7 of which reads, 'There is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!' The son of a Hamas founder has also commented about the true nature of Hamas."
"Hamas cannot be allowed to rain rockets on Israeli cities, nor can it be allowed to hold its own people hostage," the statement continued, "Hospitals are for healing, not for hiding weapons. Schools are for learning, not for launching missiles. Children are our hope, not our human shields."
When asked about their reason to release the statement, CCPF's board member and talent representative David Lonner replied, "There's been a lot of confusion in the media of what's actually going in the Gaza strip, but for those of us who go to Israel, it's not complicated at all. So there's been a feeling for a while now of how to get a message across and uncomplicate matters, and we think this is a step in the right direction to do that."
He continued, "I had taken a group of executives to Israel from 2006 to 2008 - for three consecutive years I took people there - so they could be on the ground to see what was going on."
David slammed Javier Bardem and Pedro Almodovar, who previously wrote a pro-Palestinian letter, saying, "When you talk to artists like Javier Bardem and Pedro Almodovar, you have to think, 'Where do you think your movies are being watched in the Middle East?' They can't be watched anywhere else but in Israel. When you are on the ground, you realize that you are in a very free and progressive society, and it's a region where people can't pay to see the product that we're making other than in Israel."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip