Artist of the Week: Ariana Grande
It didn't take Ariana Grande too long to return with a new album. Just a year after dropping her chart-topping debut set "Yours Truly", the singer is set to repeat the success with a follow-up titled "My Everything".
The new project has even been predicted to be bigger than its predecessor. It has so far spawned hit singles Iggy Azalea-assisted "Problem" which has just won Best Pop Video award at the MTV VMAs, Zedd-produced "Break Free" and her collaboration with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj "Bang Bang". The three songs are all currently sitting inside Billboard Hot 100's top 10.
The fact that her first three singles are dominating the esteemed chart comes as a big surprise for Grande. "It's overwhelming, it's very exciting. I'm very, very grateful - it's not what I expected," she said in a recent interview with Access Hollywood.
She added, "I'm very excited. I'm very proud of the whole album and considering that these first singles aren't even my favorite from the album, it's even more exciting to me."
"My Everything" is scheduled to come out in the U.S. on August 25. In addition to those singles, the LP will include "Best Mistake" featuring rumored boyfriend Big Sean and "A Little Bit of Your Heart" penned by One Direction's Harry Styles. There'll also be her collaborations with Childish Gambino and Cashmere Cat.
While she has managed to have a number of famous faces in her sophomore record, there's still one more person she hopes to collaborate with in the future, perhaps for her third studio effort. Madonna. Speaking to Billboard, Grande gushed about being able to work with the iconic superstar one day.
"Oh my God. My heart would stop," she said. "She is strength, she is freedom, she is wisdom beyond anybody's comprehension."
More Ariana Grande News
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!