Henry Rollins Apologizes for Attacking Robin Williams in His Essay
Henry Rollins has apologized for an essay published on L.A. Weekly recently. The musician, who previously criticized people who committed suicide and made reference to Robin Williams in the piece, took to Facebook to say that he was sorry for his words.
In the post, Rollins said that hours after his essay hit the web, he received letters from people who said they were angry and hurt after reading the piece. "That I hurt anyone by what I said, and I did hurt many, disgusts me. It was not at all my intent but it most certainly was the result," he said.
"I have had a life of depression. Some days are excruciating. Knowing what I know and having been through what I have, I should have known better but I obviously did not. I get so mad when I hear that someone has died this way. Not mad at them, mad at whatever got them there and that no one magically appeared to somehow save them," he explained, before adding that he "wrote something" which would be published on L.A. Weekly on Monday.
In a piece called "F**k Suicide", Rollins previously said that he struggled to understand "how any parent could kill themselves." Calling himself a fan of Williams' "Good Morning, Vietnam", he said, "How in the hell could you possibly do that to your children?"
"I don't care how well adjusted your kid might be - choosing to kill yourself, rather than to be there for that child, is every shade of awful, traumatic and confusing. I think as soon as you have children, you waive your right to take your own life. No matter what mistakes you make in life, it should be your utmost goal not to traumatize your kids. So, you don't kill yourself," he wrote.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie