MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Miley Cyrus' 'Wrecking Ball' Wins Video of the Year
The 2014 MTV Music Video Awards continues. After a short tribute to Robin Williams who took his own life earlier this month, Jennifer Lopez took the stage in a skin-baring silver dress to introduce Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora's performance of "Black Widow".
Maroon 5 followed with a rendition of their new single "Maps". Introduced by Demi Lovato and Jason Derulo, Adam Levine and his bandmates performed on a stage decorated with a huge "M" placed under the setting sun outside for their fans.
Back to the Forum, Jimmy Fallon announced Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" as the winner of Video of the Year. The former Disney star, who made numerous headlines for her performance at last year's VMAs, was there but she asked a young man named Jesse to accept the award on behalf of an organization dedicated to helping runaways and homeless youth.
"My name is Jesse and I am accepting this award on behalf of the 1.6 million runaways and homeless youth in the United States who are starving, lost and scared for their lives right now. I know this because I am one of these people," Jesse said onstage.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'