New Look at Hawkeye's 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Updated Costume
Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye gets an upgrade in the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron". A long-sleeved jacket has been added to the the arrow-wielding superhero's costume.
The image was revealed in the new issue of Empire Magazine. One of the on-set photos shows Renner being briefed by director Joss Whedon on the proper technique of using his bow.
The first look into a new Hawkeye costume actually had been teased back three months ago in an on-set pic that ComicBookMovie.com acquired. The site pointed out that the new outfit would be somewhat reminiscent of his look in the comics.
In the first "Avengers" film, Hawkeye was mostly seen in a sleeveless ensemble that showed off his bulging arms. The outfit is deemed more practical than the upgraded one. "...heroes that tend to do a lot of running/kicking/punching killer robots rarely seem to have loose, frilly clothes (other than capes). Maybe my problem is it just looks a bit formal to me," Rob Bricken of io9 commented.
"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be released on May 1, 2015 in the United States. Whedon has mentioned at the Comic-Con that he gives Hawkeye a bigger role in the sequel. "Part of the fun for me, definitely this time around, is writing Hawkeye. He did get possessed pretty early by a bad guy and had to walk around all scowly for most of the movie so now it's nice to actually have the character there and see him interact with the other guys," he said.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns