New Look at Hawkeye's 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Updated Costume
Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye gets an upgrade in the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron". A long-sleeved jacket has been added to the the arrow-wielding superhero's costume.
The image was revealed in the new issue of Empire Magazine. One of the on-set photos shows Renner being briefed by director Joss Whedon on the proper technique of using his bow.
The first look into a new Hawkeye costume actually had been teased back three months ago in an on-set pic that ComicBookMovie.com acquired. The site pointed out that the new outfit would be somewhat reminiscent of his look in the comics.
In the first "Avengers" film, Hawkeye was mostly seen in a sleeveless ensemble that showed off his bulging arms. The outfit is deemed more practical than the upgraded one. "...heroes that tend to do a lot of running/kicking/punching killer robots rarely seem to have loose, frilly clothes (other than capes). Maybe my problem is it just looks a bit formal to me," Rob Bricken of io9 commented.
"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be released on May 1, 2015 in the United States. Whedon has mentioned at the Comic-Con that he gives Hawkeye a bigger role in the sequel. "Part of the fun for me, definitely this time around, is writing Hawkeye. He did get possessed pretty early by a bad guy and had to walk around all scowly for most of the movie so now it's nice to actually have the character there and see him interact with the other guys," he said.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'