MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Drake, Lorde Added to Winner List
More winners have been announced at the MTV Video Music Awards, which is currently underway at the Forum in California. Rapper Common graced the stage and made a speech about the recent incident in Ferguson before calling for a moment of silence in honor of Michael Brown.
He went on to talk about hip-hop and announced Drake as the winner of Best Hip Hop Video. Drizzy, whose "Hold On (We're Going Home)" featuring Majid Jordan bested tough competitors like Eminem's "Berzerk" and Kanye West's "Black Skinhead", unfortunately was not there to accept his Moonman.
In anticipation of the Emmys that will be held tomorrow, Uzo Aduba, Laverne Cox and Taylor Schilling of "Orange Is the New Black" visited the VMAs to introduce Usher's performance of "She Came to Give It to You". Nicki Minaj, who previously opened the awards show with "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang", covered her killer curves in an all-white outfit as she returned to the stage to join her collaborator.
Lorde later took home the Best Rock Video award for her smashing hit "Royals". Following a performance by 5 Seconds of Summer, Fifth Harmony collected the Artist to Watch award after beating other nominees including Sam Smith and Charli XCX.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics