MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Drake, Lorde Added to Winner List
More winners have been announced at the MTV Video Music Awards, which is currently underway at the Forum in California. Rapper Common graced the stage and made a speech about the recent incident in Ferguson before calling for a moment of silence in honor of Michael Brown.
He went on to talk about hip-hop and announced Drake as the winner of Best Hip Hop Video. Drizzy, whose "Hold On (We're Going Home)" featuring Majid Jordan bested tough competitors like Eminem's "Berzerk" and Kanye West's "Black Skinhead", unfortunately was not there to accept his Moonman.
In anticipation of the Emmys that will be held tomorrow, Uzo Aduba, Laverne Cox and Taylor Schilling of "Orange Is the New Black" visited the VMAs to introduce Usher's performance of "She Came to Give It to You". Nicki Minaj, who previously opened the awards show with "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang", covered her killer curves in an all-white outfit as she returned to the stage to join her collaborator.
Lorde later took home the Best Rock Video award for her smashing hit "Royals". Following a performance by 5 Seconds of Summer, Fifth Harmony collected the Artist to Watch award after beating other nominees including Sam Smith and Charli XCX.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip