MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Drake, Lorde Added to Winner List
More winners have been announced at the MTV Video Music Awards, which is currently underway at the Forum in California. Rapper Common graced the stage and made a speech about the recent incident in Ferguson before calling for a moment of silence in honor of Michael Brown.
He went on to talk about hip-hop and announced Drake as the winner of Best Hip Hop Video. Drizzy, whose "Hold On (We're Going Home)" featuring Majid Jordan bested tough competitors like Eminem's "Berzerk" and Kanye West's "Black Skinhead", unfortunately was not there to accept his Moonman.
In anticipation of the Emmys that will be held tomorrow, Uzo Aduba, Laverne Cox and Taylor Schilling of "Orange Is the New Black" visited the VMAs to introduce Usher's performance of "She Came to Give It to You". Nicki Minaj, who previously opened the awards show with "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang", covered her killer curves in an all-white outfit as she returned to the stage to join her collaborator.
Lorde later took home the Best Rock Video award for her smashing hit "Royals". Following a performance by 5 Seconds of Summer, Fifth Harmony collected the Artist to Watch award after beating other nominees including Sam Smith and Charli XCX.
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'