Jessie J Kicks Off MTV VMAs With Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, Debuts 'Bang Bang' Video
Jessie J, Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande heated up the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards which just kicked off on Sunday night, August 24. The trio performed their collaborative song "Bang Bang" after Ariana and Nicki's solo performances.
The former Nickelodeon star catered the crowd with her hit "Break Free" before the raptress took the stage to perform "Anaconda". After a quick costume change, the two joined Jessie to perform "Bang Bang". Nicki had to hold up the top of her black dress apparently to avoid a wardrobe malfunction.
Shortly after their VMA performance, the music video for "Bang Bang" debuted online. In the clip, Jessie leads a block party, Ariana dances alone in her room and Nicki rides a helicopter before the three gather on a helipad at the top of a New York City skyscraper.
"The concept of the video is really about girls coming together and partying it up," said Hannah Lux Davis who directed the video. "[Jessie] really brings everybody together and they kinda start this movement through the city."
"Bang Bang" is featured on Jessie's upcoming LP and will be included in a bonus track on Ariana's new album "My Everything", which is set to arrive August 25.
Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Perform at 2014 MTV VMAs:
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress