Miley Cyrus Says She's Retired From Twerking
Miley Cyrus apparently has left her twerking-filled era. The "Wrecking Ball" singer hit the red carpet at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, August 24 and declared that she was "retwired" when speaking to pre-show hosts Lucy Hale and Sway, adding that she was working on new music.
"I've retired [from twerking], yeah. I'm making some music right now with The Flaming Lips. It's different. It's a little psychedelic," she said. However, fans might wait for some time for her new record. "I live to be in the studio, that's my favorite part, is bunkering down, working on a record. This record might take me five years. I don't know. I'm just going to work on it until I'm done. It's not about twerking - it's about music."
On the red carpet, Cyrus additionally talked about Nicki Minaj's new video "Anaconda" which recently broke VEVO record for most-watched clip in 24 hours. Cyrus, who previously held the record with her "Wrecking Ball" clip, said, "She broke [the record]! I just found out in the car that she broke it."
"With that ass ... I ain't got that ass. I can bring that body, I can bring that wrecking ball, but I can't bring that ass. Not that Anaconda," she added. The former "Hannah Montana" star, who is up for Video of the Year and Best Direction, looked pretty in a high-waisted leather pants by Alexandre Vauthier and a bandeau at the event which took place at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert