MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran Among Early Winners
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards has officially begun. Ariana Grande opened the festivities with her hit single "Break Free" before Nicki Minaj appeared for a jungle-themed performance of "Anaconda". After a quick costume change, the duo reemerged on the stage to join Jessie J for their collaboration, "Bang Bang".
Afterwards, Gwen Stefani and Snoop Dogg took the stage to announce the winner of Best Female Video award which went to Katy Perry for her Juicy J-asissted "Dark Horse". "We are gonna party tonight!" Perry said while accepting her Moonman. "Thank you Katy Cats!"
After Taylor Swift excited the crowd with her new single "Shake It Off", Ed Sheeran was announced as the winner in Best Male Video category thanks to his "Sing" visuals. He accepted the trophy from Chelsea Handler.
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were the next presenters to come to the stage. After doing a little skit to promote "Dumb and Dumber To", the duo handed the Best Pop Video to Grande and Iggy Azalea for the ladies' "Problem".
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake