MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran Among Early Winners
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards has officially begun. Ariana Grande opened the festivities with her hit single "Break Free" before Nicki Minaj appeared for a jungle-themed performance of "Anaconda". After a quick costume change, the duo reemerged on the stage to join Jessie J for their collaboration, "Bang Bang".
Afterwards, Gwen Stefani and Snoop Dogg took the stage to announce the winner of Best Female Video award which went to Katy Perry for her Juicy J-asissted "Dark Horse". "We are gonna party tonight!" Perry said while accepting her Moonman. "Thank you Katy Cats!"
After Taylor Swift excited the crowd with her new single "Shake It Off", Ed Sheeran was announced as the winner in Best Male Video category thanks to his "Sing" visuals. He accepted the trophy from Chelsea Handler.
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were the next presenters to come to the stage. After doing a little skit to promote "Dumb and Dumber To", the duo handed the Best Pop Video to Grande and Iggy Azalea for the ladies' "Problem".
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test