MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran Among Early Winners
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards has officially begun. Ariana Grande opened the festivities with her hit single "Break Free" before Nicki Minaj appeared for a jungle-themed performance of "Anaconda". After a quick costume change, the duo reemerged on the stage to join Jessie J for their collaboration, "Bang Bang".
Afterwards, Gwen Stefani and Snoop Dogg took the stage to announce the winner of Best Female Video award which went to Katy Perry for her Juicy J-asissted "Dark Horse". "We are gonna party tonight!" Perry said while accepting her Moonman. "Thank you Katy Cats!"
After Taylor Swift excited the crowd with her new single "Shake It Off", Ed Sheeran was announced as the winner in Best Male Video category thanks to his "Sing" visuals. He accepted the trophy from Chelsea Handler.
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were the next presenters to come to the stage. After doing a little skit to promote "Dumb and Dumber To", the duo handed the Best Pop Video to Grande and Iggy Azalea for the ladies' "Problem".
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season