MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran Among Early Winners
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards has officially begun. Ariana Grande opened the festivities with her hit single "Break Free" before Nicki Minaj appeared for a jungle-themed performance of "Anaconda". After a quick costume change, the duo reemerged on the stage to join Jessie J for their collaboration, "Bang Bang".
Afterwards, Gwen Stefani and Snoop Dogg took the stage to announce the winner of Best Female Video award which went to Katy Perry for her Juicy J-asissted "Dark Horse". "We are gonna party tonight!" Perry said while accepting her Moonman. "Thank you Katy Cats!"
After Taylor Swift excited the crowd with her new single "Shake It Off", Ed Sheeran was announced as the winner in Best Male Video category thanks to his "Sing" visuals. He accepted the trophy from Chelsea Handler.
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were the next presenters to come to the stage. After doing a little skit to promote "Dumb and Dumber To", the duo handed the Best Pop Video to Grande and Iggy Azalea for the ladies' "Problem".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie