MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran Among Early Winners
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards has officially begun. Ariana Grande opened the festivities with her hit single "Break Free" before Nicki Minaj appeared for a jungle-themed performance of "Anaconda". After a quick costume change, the duo reemerged on the stage to join Jessie J for their collaboration, "Bang Bang".
Afterwards, Gwen Stefani and Snoop Dogg took the stage to announce the winner of Best Female Video award which went to Katy Perry for her Juicy J-asissted "Dark Horse". "We are gonna party tonight!" Perry said while accepting her Moonman. "Thank you Katy Cats!"
After Taylor Swift excited the crowd with her new single "Shake It Off", Ed Sheeran was announced as the winner in Best Male Video category thanks to his "Sing" visuals. He accepted the trophy from Chelsea Handler.
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were the next presenters to come to the stage. After doing a little skit to promote "Dumb and Dumber To", the duo handed the Best Pop Video to Grande and Iggy Azalea for the ladies' "Problem".
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign