Matt Bomer Lands 'Warped' Role on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'
"American Horror Story: Freak Show" has just added another acclaimed actor to its cast. Matthew Bomer, best known for playing Neal Caffrey on USA Network's "White Collar", has booked a guest-starring role in the new season of the FX series.
Breaking the news was none other than series creator Ryan Murphy. He said at EW's Emmy Party, "I try to get him to do everything for me. I sent him a text that said, 'First right of refusal, here's the role.' It's very...warped." He revealed that he had to work around the "amazing" actor's schedule as he's set to film "Magic Mike XXL".
Details of Bomer's role and in which episode he will appear are unknown. He joins Michael Chiklis, John Carroll Lynch, Wes Bentley, Finn Wittrock and Patti LaBelle as new cast members on the show.
The 36-year-old actor recently worked with Murphy on HBO's TV movie "The Normal Heart", which earned him a nomination at the upcoming Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie.
"Freak Show" premieres Wednesday, October 8 at 10 P.M. ET/PT on FX. It is set in Jupiter, Florida in 1952, when a troupe of curiosities has just arrived to town, coinciding with the strange emergence of a dark entity that savagely threatens the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike. Returning stars Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Frances Conroy, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, Gabourey Sidibe and Evan Peters take on new roles.
More American Horror Story News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?