Sir Cliff Richard Questioned by Police Over Alleged Sexual Assault
A 73-year-old man was interviewed by South Yorkshire Police over an alleged sexual assault. The identity of the suspect was not released by the authorities, but it's believed that the man is Sir Cliff Richard, one of the British big rock stars in the 1950s.
According to The Associated Press, he voluntary met with officers and was questioned Saturday, August 23 under caution, which means the interview was taped and could be used in future prosecutions. He was not arrested. Police only name suspects after they are charged.
Earlier this month, cops searched a house owned by the musician near London after receiving report about "an allegation of a sexual nature." He's accused of assaulting a boy at a religious rally in Sheffield in the 1980s. He called the allegation "completely false."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed