Sir Cliff Richard Questioned by Police Over Alleged Sexual Assault
A 73-year-old man was interviewed by South Yorkshire Police over an alleged sexual assault. The identity of the suspect was not released by the authorities, but it's believed that the man is Sir Cliff Richard, one of the British big rock stars in the 1950s.
According to The Associated Press, he voluntary met with officers and was questioned Saturday, August 23 under caution, which means the interview was taped and could be used in future prosecutions. He was not arrested. Police only name suspects after they are charged.
Earlier this month, cops searched a house owned by the musician near London after receiving report about "an allegation of a sexual nature." He's accused of assaulting a boy at a religious rally in Sheffield in the 1980s. He called the allegation "completely false."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture