Sir Cliff Richard Questioned by Police Over Alleged Sexual Assault
A 73-year-old man was interviewed by South Yorkshire Police over an alleged sexual assault. The identity of the suspect was not released by the authorities, but it's believed that the man is Sir Cliff Richard, one of the British big rock stars in the 1950s.
According to The Associated Press, he voluntary met with officers and was questioned Saturday, August 23 under caution, which means the interview was taped and could be used in future prosecutions. He was not arrested. Police only name suspects after they are charged.
Earlier this month, cops searched a house owned by the musician near London after receiving report about "an allegation of a sexual nature." He's accused of assaulting a boy at a religious rally in Sheffield in the 1980s. He called the allegation "completely false."
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner