Sir Cliff Richard Questioned by Police Over Alleged Sexual Assault
A 73-year-old man was interviewed by South Yorkshire Police over an alleged sexual assault. The identity of the suspect was not released by the authorities, but it's believed that the man is Sir Cliff Richard, one of the British big rock stars in the 1950s.
According to The Associated Press, he voluntary met with officers and was questioned Saturday, August 23 under caution, which means the interview was taped and could be used in future prosecutions. He was not arrested. Police only name suspects after they are charged.
Earlier this month, cops searched a house owned by the musician near London after receiving report about "an allegation of a sexual nature." He's accused of assaulting a boy at a religious rally in Sheffield in the 1980s. He called the allegation "completely false."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift