Sir Cliff Richard Questioned by Police Over Alleged Sexual Assault
A 73-year-old man was interviewed by South Yorkshire Police over an alleged sexual assault. The identity of the suspect was not released by the authorities, but it's believed that the man is Sir Cliff Richard, one of the British big rock stars in the 1950s.
According to The Associated Press, he voluntary met with officers and was questioned Saturday, August 23 under caution, which means the interview was taped and could be used in future prosecutions. He was not arrested. Police only name suspects after they are charged.
Earlier this month, cops searched a house owned by the musician near London after receiving report about "an allegation of a sexual nature." He's accused of assaulting a boy at a religious rally in Sheffield in the 1980s. He called the allegation "completely false."
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'