'The Brittany Murphy Story' First Trailer Sees the Ups and Downs in the Star's Life
Lifetime doesn't hit the brake in promoting "The Brittany Murphy Story" despite an objection from Brittany Murphy's parents. The network has just released the first trailer for the TV movie, which captures the ups and downs in the star's life.
From her rise to stardom through "Clueless" to her drug issue, and from the pressure she got for being under the spotlight to her wedding, all are depicted in the biopic. The TV movie will also tackle her sudden death at a young age of 32.
Amanda Fuller is cast in the title role, with Sherilyn Fenn as her mother, Sharon Murphy. Joe Menendez directed it with the script provided by Peter Hunziker and Cynthia Riddle.
Both Murphy's mother and father Angelo Bertolotti said they had not been consulted for the movie. Bertolotti told Radar Online earlier this month, "Lifetime has not been authorized to produce the true story of Brittany Murphy. I should have been consulted. I intend to litigate Lifetime in a court of law."
The biopic will debut Saturday, September 6 at 8 P.M. on Lifetime.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign