'The Brittany Murphy Story' First Trailer Sees the Ups and Downs in the Star's Life
Lifetime doesn't hit the brake in promoting "The Brittany Murphy Story" despite an objection from Brittany Murphy's parents. The network has just released the first trailer for the TV movie, which captures the ups and downs in the star's life.
From her rise to stardom through "Clueless" to her drug issue, and from the pressure she got for being under the spotlight to her wedding, all are depicted in the biopic. The TV movie will also tackle her sudden death at a young age of 32.
Amanda Fuller is cast in the title role, with Sherilyn Fenn as her mother, Sharon Murphy. Joe Menendez directed it with the script provided by Peter Hunziker and Cynthia Riddle.
Both Murphy's mother and father Angelo Bertolotti said they had not been consulted for the movie. Bertolotti told Radar Online earlier this month, "Lifetime has not been authorized to produce the true story of Brittany Murphy. I should have been consulted. I intend to litigate Lifetime in a court of law."
The biopic will debut Saturday, September 6 at 8 P.M. on Lifetime.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences