Justin Lin's 'Shaolin Temple' Remake Gets Writer
A remake of classic martial arts film "Shaolin Temple" hires Andrew Dominik ("Chopper", "Killing Them Softly") to write the script, according to Deadline. The revamped version will be filmed in 3D with Justin Lin ("Fast and Furious") serving behind the lens.
The original film came out in 1982. Based on Shaolin folklore and set during the transition period between the Sui Dynasty and the Tang Dynasty, it depicts the Tang emperor being betrayed by one of his generals. The son of one of his slave workers escapes to the temple, trains in kung fu, and sets out to kill the traitor.
The movie marked Jet Li's debut role. A 2011 remake, simply titled "Shaolin", starred fellow iconic martial artists like Jackie Chan and Andy Lau. Lin will direct the latest redo after he completes "Bourne 5".
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video