Justin Lin's 'Shaolin Temple' Remake Gets Writer
A remake of classic martial arts film "Shaolin Temple" hires Andrew Dominik ("Chopper", "Killing Them Softly") to write the script, according to Deadline. The revamped version will be filmed in 3D with Justin Lin ("Fast and Furious") serving behind the lens.
The original film came out in 1982. Based on Shaolin folklore and set during the transition period between the Sui Dynasty and the Tang Dynasty, it depicts the Tang emperor being betrayed by one of his generals. The son of one of his slave workers escapes to the temple, trains in kung fu, and sets out to kill the traitor.
The movie marked Jet Li's debut role. A 2011 remake, simply titled "Shaolin", starred fellow iconic martial artists like Jackie Chan and Andy Lau. Lin will direct the latest redo after he completes "Bourne 5".
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism