Justin Lin's 'Shaolin Temple' Remake Gets Writer
A remake of classic martial arts film "Shaolin Temple" hires Andrew Dominik ("Chopper", "Killing Them Softly") to write the script, according to Deadline. The revamped version will be filmed in 3D with Justin Lin ("Fast and Furious") serving behind the lens.
The original film came out in 1982. Based on Shaolin folklore and set during the transition period between the Sui Dynasty and the Tang Dynasty, it depicts the Tang emperor being betrayed by one of his generals. The son of one of his slave workers escapes to the temple, trains in kung fu, and sets out to kill the traitor.
The movie marked Jet Li's debut role. A 2011 remake, simply titled "Shaolin", starred fellow iconic martial artists like Jackie Chan and Andy Lau. Lin will direct the latest redo after he completes "Bourne 5".
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'