Justin Lin's 'Shaolin Temple' Remake Gets Writer
A remake of classic martial arts film "Shaolin Temple" hires Andrew Dominik ("Chopper", "Killing Them Softly") to write the script, according to Deadline. The revamped version will be filmed in 3D with Justin Lin ("Fast and Furious") serving behind the lens.
The original film came out in 1982. Based on Shaolin folklore and set during the transition period between the Sui Dynasty and the Tang Dynasty, it depicts the Tang emperor being betrayed by one of his generals. The son of one of his slave workers escapes to the temple, trains in kung fu, and sets out to kill the traitor.
The movie marked Jet Li's debut role. A 2011 remake, simply titled "Shaolin", starred fellow iconic martial artists like Jackie Chan and Andy Lau. Lin will direct the latest redo after he completes "Bourne 5".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal