Justin Lin's 'Shaolin Temple' Remake Gets Writer
A remake of classic martial arts film "Shaolin Temple" hires Andrew Dominik ("Chopper", "Killing Them Softly") to write the script, according to Deadline. The revamped version will be filmed in 3D with Justin Lin ("Fast and Furious") serving behind the lens.
The original film came out in 1982. Based on Shaolin folklore and set during the transition period between the Sui Dynasty and the Tang Dynasty, it depicts the Tang emperor being betrayed by one of his generals. The son of one of his slave workers escapes to the temple, trains in kung fu, and sets out to kill the traitor.
The movie marked Jet Li's debut role. A 2011 remake, simply titled "Shaolin", starred fellow iconic martial artists like Jackie Chan and Andy Lau. Lin will direct the latest redo after he completes "Bourne 5".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart