Madonna Has a 'Super Weird' Song, Says Collaborator Diplo
Madonna has a "super weird" song, claims Diplo who's been working with the pop superstar for her upcoming 13th studio album. Gracing the cover of Billboard's latest issue, the DJ says in an accompanying interview with the music magazine that the track was made while they were drunk in the studio.
"Late one night in the studio we got a little bit drunk and she improvised a little hook and we made a song out of it," he recalls. "I think it's going to be a breakthrough if she can manage to get everything together and get it out properly."
Madonna's yet-to-be-titled album has been in the works for a while. In addition to Diplo, the "Material Girl" hitmaker has enlisted Avicii and singer Natalia Kills for what will be the follow-up to 2012's "MDNA".
Ariel Rechtshaid, who's worked with everyone from Charli XCX to Vampire Weekend, and MNEK are also involved in the project. Diplo reveals the two will appear in one track Madge's willing to record.
Of what the collaboration will sound like, he explains, "That song is on like version 20. It went from a piano ballad to a 'Turn Down for What'-style song [by DJ Snake & Lil Jon], which I didn't like. Now it's somewhere in the middle."
More Madonna News
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival