Report: Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Dancer Bitten by Snake During VMA Rehearsal
One of Nicki Minaj's backup dancers was reportedly bitten by a snake during a rehearsal for the star's upcoming performance of "Anaconda" at MTV Video Music Awards. TMZ reports that the 6-foot long reptile, ironically believed to be an anaconda, bit the female dancer in front of everyone when the raptress was performing onstage.
The site notes that Anacondas are non-venomous snakes, but they are capable of transmitting bacteria that can lead to serious infections. The dancer was taken to a local hospital for treatment while the snake was removed from the stage in a container.
Now that the snake has harmed someone, it's unclear if the animal will still be used for the performance.
Minaj is scheduled to take the VMA stage at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on Sunday, August 24. She will also join Jessie J and Ariana Grande to open the event with their collaboration hit "Bang Bang".
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think