Report: Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Dancer Bitten by Snake During VMA Rehearsal
One of Nicki Minaj's backup dancers was reportedly bitten by a snake during a rehearsal for the star's upcoming performance of "Anaconda" at MTV Video Music Awards. TMZ reports that the 6-foot long reptile, ironically believed to be an anaconda, bit the female dancer in front of everyone when the raptress was performing onstage.
The site notes that Anacondas are non-venomous snakes, but they are capable of transmitting bacteria that can lead to serious infections. The dancer was taken to a local hospital for treatment while the snake was removed from the stage in a container.
Now that the snake has harmed someone, it's unclear if the animal will still be used for the performance.
Minaj is scheduled to take the VMA stage at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on Sunday, August 24. She will also join Jessie J and Ariana Grande to open the event with their collaboration hit "Bang Bang".
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game