Report: Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Dancer Bitten by Snake During VMA Rehearsal
One of Nicki Minaj's backup dancers was reportedly bitten by a snake during a rehearsal for the star's upcoming performance of "Anaconda" at MTV Video Music Awards. TMZ reports that the 6-foot long reptile, ironically believed to be an anaconda, bit the female dancer in front of everyone when the raptress was performing onstage.
The site notes that Anacondas are non-venomous snakes, but they are capable of transmitting bacteria that can lead to serious infections. The dancer was taken to a local hospital for treatment while the snake was removed from the stage in a container.
Now that the snake has harmed someone, it's unclear if the animal will still be used for the performance.
Minaj is scheduled to take the VMA stage at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on Sunday, August 24. She will also join Jessie J and Ariana Grande to open the event with their collaboration hit "Bang Bang".
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame