Report: Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Dancer Bitten by Snake During VMA Rehearsal
One of Nicki Minaj's backup dancers was reportedly bitten by a snake during a rehearsal for the star's upcoming performance of "Anaconda" at MTV Video Music Awards. TMZ reports that the 6-foot long reptile, ironically believed to be an anaconda, bit the female dancer in front of everyone when the raptress was performing onstage.
The site notes that Anacondas are non-venomous snakes, but they are capable of transmitting bacteria that can lead to serious infections. The dancer was taken to a local hospital for treatment while the snake was removed from the stage in a container.
Now that the snake has harmed someone, it's unclear if the animal will still be used for the performance.
Minaj is scheduled to take the VMA stage at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on Sunday, August 24. She will also join Jessie J and Ariana Grande to open the event with their collaboration hit "Bang Bang".
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball