Report: Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Dancer Bitten by Snake During VMA Rehearsal
One of Nicki Minaj's backup dancers was reportedly bitten by a snake during a rehearsal for the star's upcoming performance of "Anaconda" at MTV Video Music Awards. TMZ reports that the 6-foot long reptile, ironically believed to be an anaconda, bit the female dancer in front of everyone when the raptress was performing onstage.
The site notes that Anacondas are non-venomous snakes, but they are capable of transmitting bacteria that can lead to serious infections. The dancer was taken to a local hospital for treatment while the snake was removed from the stage in a container.
Now that the snake has harmed someone, it's unclear if the animal will still be used for the performance.
Minaj is scheduled to take the VMA stage at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on Sunday, August 24. She will also join Jessie J and Ariana Grande to open the event with their collaboration hit "Bang Bang".
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'