Report: Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Dancer Bitten by Snake During VMA Rehearsal
One of Nicki Minaj's backup dancers was reportedly bitten by a snake during a rehearsal for the star's upcoming performance of "Anaconda" at MTV Video Music Awards. TMZ reports that the 6-foot long reptile, ironically believed to be an anaconda, bit the female dancer in front of everyone when the raptress was performing onstage.
The site notes that Anacondas are non-venomous snakes, but they are capable of transmitting bacteria that can lead to serious infections. The dancer was taken to a local hospital for treatment while the snake was removed from the stage in a container.
Now that the snake has harmed someone, it's unclear if the animal will still be used for the performance.
Minaj is scheduled to take the VMA stage at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on Sunday, August 24. She will also join Jessie J and Ariana Grande to open the event with their collaboration hit "Bang Bang".
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young