Report: Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Dancer Bitten by Snake During VMA Rehearsal
One of Nicki Minaj's backup dancers was reportedly bitten by a snake during a rehearsal for the star's upcoming performance of "Anaconda" at MTV Video Music Awards. TMZ reports that the 6-foot long reptile, ironically believed to be an anaconda, bit the female dancer in front of everyone when the raptress was performing onstage.
The site notes that Anacondas are non-venomous snakes, but they are capable of transmitting bacteria that can lead to serious infections. The dancer was taken to a local hospital for treatment while the snake was removed from the stage in a container.
Now that the snake has harmed someone, it's unclear if the animal will still be used for the performance.
Minaj is scheduled to take the VMA stage at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on Sunday, August 24. She will also join Jessie J and Ariana Grande to open the event with their collaboration hit "Bang Bang".
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing