First 'Amityville: The Awakening' Trailer Says 'Kill Them All'
A reboot of 2005's "The Amityville Horror" has released its first trailer. Like the Lutz, a new family moves into the Long Island residence not knowing the horrible history behind the haunted house.
Jennifer Jason Leigh is now the owner of the house, a single mother living with her three kids. One of the kids, played by Cameron Monaghan, is bed-ridden and in a coma. Bella Thorne plays the elder daughter who would unravel all the mysteries surrounding the house. "This house is really bad," she says in the trailer as voices tell her to "kill them all."
Doctor Clarence J. Boddicker is in charge of the boy's health and he too experiences some paranormal activities. "There are no documented cases of anyone with James' injuries ever recover," the doctor says after being told that James wakes up suddenly.
The 12th film in the "Amityville" series is directed by "Maniac" remake director Franck Khalfoun. Dimension initially planned on rebooting the franchise using a found-footage angle, but has dropped it since. "Amityville: The Awakening" is set to scare up theater audience in the States on January 2, 2015.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist