First 'Amityville: The Awakening' Trailer Says 'Kill Them All'
A reboot of 2005's "The Amityville Horror" has released its first trailer. Like the Lutz, a new family moves into the Long Island residence not knowing the horrible history behind the haunted house.
Jennifer Jason Leigh is now the owner of the house, a single mother living with her three kids. One of the kids, played by Cameron Monaghan, is bed-ridden and in a coma. Bella Thorne plays the elder daughter who would unravel all the mysteries surrounding the house. "This house is really bad," she says in the trailer as voices tell her to "kill them all."
Doctor Clarence J. Boddicker is in charge of the boy's health and he too experiences some paranormal activities. "There are no documented cases of anyone with James' injuries ever recover," the doctor says after being told that James wakes up suddenly.
The 12th film in the "Amityville" series is directed by "Maniac" remake director Franck Khalfoun. Dimension initially planned on rebooting the franchise using a found-footage angle, but has dropped it since. "Amityville: The Awakening" is set to scare up theater audience in the States on January 2, 2015.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7