Jon Hamm Responds to 'Dr. Strange' Rumor
Jon Hamm addresses rumor that he's in contention to headline Marvel's "Dr. Strange". In a chat with DigitalSpy, he said, "The funny thing about the internet is you can have rumors go on about possible jobs, and possible things that you have no idea."
The "Mad Men" actor added, "Maybe, I don't know. It's funny when the internet knows more about you than you do, but maybe they've been talking to someone at Marvel. I certainly wasn't approached about it, but I do like Dr. Strange. He's a cool character."
Other rumored candidates to play Stephen Strange are Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy and Jared Leto. Marvel is also reportedly pursuing Oscar winner Joaquin Phoenix ("Her") to portray the Sorcerer Supreme in the big-screen adaptation.
The studio's head Kevin Feige once said the film would be the "doorway" to enter the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") will serve behind the lens. The movie is slated for July 8, 2016 release in the U.S.
More Doctor Strange News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie