Jon Hamm Responds to 'Dr. Strange' Rumor
Jon Hamm addresses rumor that he's in contention to headline Marvel's "Dr. Strange". In a chat with DigitalSpy, he said, "The funny thing about the internet is you can have rumors go on about possible jobs, and possible things that you have no idea."
The "Mad Men" actor added, "Maybe, I don't know. It's funny when the internet knows more about you than you do, but maybe they've been talking to someone at Marvel. I certainly wasn't approached about it, but I do like Dr. Strange. He's a cool character."
Other rumored candidates to play Stephen Strange are Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy and Jared Leto. Marvel is also reportedly pursuing Oscar winner Joaquin Phoenix ("Her") to portray the Sorcerer Supreme in the big-screen adaptation.
The studio's head Kevin Feige once said the film would be the "doorway" to enter the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") will serve behind the lens. The movie is slated for July 8, 2016 release in the U.S.
More Doctor Strange News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio