Jon Hamm Responds to 'Dr. Strange' Rumor
Jon Hamm addresses rumor that he's in contention to headline Marvel's "Dr. Strange". In a chat with DigitalSpy, he said, "The funny thing about the internet is you can have rumors go on about possible jobs, and possible things that you have no idea."
The "Mad Men" actor added, "Maybe, I don't know. It's funny when the internet knows more about you than you do, but maybe they've been talking to someone at Marvel. I certainly wasn't approached about it, but I do like Dr. Strange. He's a cool character."
Other rumored candidates to play Stephen Strange are Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy and Jared Leto. Marvel is also reportedly pursuing Oscar winner Joaquin Phoenix ("Her") to portray the Sorcerer Supreme in the big-screen adaptation.
The studio's head Kevin Feige once said the film would be the "doorway" to enter the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") will serve behind the lens. The movie is slated for July 8, 2016 release in the U.S.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly