Chris Martin and Jessica Lucas Dance in Inflatable Body Suits in Coldplay's 'True Love' Video
Coldplay has unveiled the official music video for their latest single, "True Love". Directed by Jonas Akerlund, the clip tells a tale of an unlikely love story between a couple played by the band's frontman Chris Martin and "Evil Dead" actress Jessica Lucas.
Sporting an inflatable body suit, Lucas depicts an aspiring dancer who joins some auditions only to get turned down due to her size. While attending a ballet recital, she gets stuck on her seat and that's when she meets Martin's character, a janitor who shares her passion for dance. The clip ends with the two falling in love and dancing together onstage.
Serving as the follow-up to "Magic" and "A Sky Full of Star", "True Love" appears in Coldplay's latest album, "Ghost Stories". The LP peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release earlier this year.
Coldplay is reportedly among the strong candidates to headline the upcoming Super Bowl halftime show. Rihanna and Katy Perry are other names being considered by the NFL to play the gig at the big game slated for next February.
Coldplay's "True Love" music video
More Coldplay News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna