'McFarland USA' Dodges 'Hunger Games, Mockingjay, Part 1' Date
Kevin Costner's sports drama "McFarland USA" has been pushed back by three months from November 21 to February 20, 2015. Disney's decision to move the date could be driven by the fact that "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" is released on the same November weekend.
On the new date, "McFarland USA" is up against Relativity's "Jane Got a Gun" and Open Road's "The Gunman". The former is a western action drama starring Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman while the latter is a thriller starring Sean Penn and Javier Bardem.
"McFarland USA" tells the true story of a coach living in the 1980s in a predominantly Latino town outside of Bakersfield, Calif. The coach created a high school track team that overcame many social and physical hurdles to become champions.
Maria Bello and Morgan Saylor also star in the film which is directed by "Whale Rider" helmer Niki Caro.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie