'McFarland USA' Dodges 'Hunger Games, Mockingjay, Part 1' Date
Kevin Costner's sports drama "McFarland USA" has been pushed back by three months from November 21 to February 20, 2015. Disney's decision to move the date could be driven by the fact that "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" is released on the same November weekend.
On the new date, "McFarland USA" is up against Relativity's "Jane Got a Gun" and Open Road's "The Gunman". The former is a western action drama starring Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman while the latter is a thriller starring Sean Penn and Javier Bardem.
"McFarland USA" tells the true story of a coach living in the 1980s in a predominantly Latino town outside of Bakersfield, Calif. The coach created a high school track team that overcame many social and physical hurdles to become champions.
Maria Bello and Morgan Saylor also star in the film which is directed by "Whale Rider" helmer Niki Caro.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival