'McFarland USA' Dodges 'Hunger Games, Mockingjay, Part 1' Date
Kevin Costner's sports drama "McFarland USA" has been pushed back by three months from November 21 to February 20, 2015. Disney's decision to move the date could be driven by the fact that "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" is released on the same November weekend.
On the new date, "McFarland USA" is up against Relativity's "Jane Got a Gun" and Open Road's "The Gunman". The former is a western action drama starring Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman while the latter is a thriller starring Sean Penn and Javier Bardem.
"McFarland USA" tells the true story of a coach living in the 1980s in a predominantly Latino town outside of Bakersfield, Calif. The coach created a high school track team that overcame many social and physical hurdles to become champions.
Maria Bello and Morgan Saylor also star in the film which is directed by "Whale Rider" helmer Niki Caro.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease