Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Music Video Breaks Vevo Record
Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" music video has officially broken Vevo's record for the most views in 24 hours. It's announced on Friday, August 22 that the twerk-filled clip racked up 19.6 million clicks on the first day of its release, besting the 19.3 million views by previous record holder Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball".
After learning of the news, Minaj shared her excitement on Instagram, writing, "WE BROKE THE RECORD BABY!!!!! Anaconda Video 19.6 million views in 24 hrs!!!!" The much-discussed clip, which also features a cameo from Drake, has so far been played more than 43 million times on Vevo.
This is not Minaj's first time to have set the single-day watch record. In October 2012, her collaboration with Justin Bieber "Beauty and a Beat" broke the record with 10.6 million video views. In January 2012, her "Stupid Hoe" clip scored 4.8 million plays.
"Anaconda" is the latest single off Minaj's "The Pink Print" album. She'll perform the song live during the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, August 24 after kicking off the event with "Bang Bang", her collaboration with Jessie J and Ariana Grande.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son