Matthew McConaughey Wanted to Star in 'Gold' and 'The Stand'
Matthew McConaughey remains one of the most wanted actors out there. The "True Detective" actor is reportedly courted for the lead roles in both Teddy Schwarzman's "Gold" and Josh Boone's "The Stand".
Words about McConaughey circling "Gold" have been heard since December 2013, according to The Wrap. Oscar-winning scribe Stephen Gaghan is also wanted for the project as a director. Producer Paul Haggis' first choice of director was actually Michael Mann but the helmer quit in March 2012 to focus on the upcoming "Blackhat".
Script, which is provided by Patrick Massett and John Zinman, is based on a true story about the 1993 Bre-X Mineral Corporation mining scandal. It follows a rough-around-the-edges prospector who stumbles onto one of the largest gold mines in the world in the Indonesian jungle. Haggis, Michael Nozik, Massett and Zinman will produce with Black Bear's Teddy Schwarzman.
Meanwhile, McConaughey is coveted for the role of a villain in "The Stand", an adaptation of Stephen King's work. Boone initially wanted him to portray Stu Redman, the only man immune to the plaque that wipe the world's population, but he reportedly changed his mind and wanted the actor to play the personification of evil Randall Flagg.
More Gold News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala