Mariah Carey Focusing on Her Kids and Career After Nick Cannon Confirms Split
Mariah Carey is radio silent after Nick Cannon confirmed "there is trouble in paradise." "I don't comment on Mariah's personal life," her representative said, before adding, "but Mariah is focusing on her children and her upcoming tour."
Rumor has it, the singer was "devastated" by Nick's statement. "They had agreed to work on a statement together. A joint statement was being prepared when he went and gave those quotes to The Insider," an insider told E! News.
"She thinks it was extremely childish, impulsive and opportunistic," the source added. "For her, it was the last straw. She's done with him now." The insider said, "He was not supposed to say a word ... "It's no longer amicable. Things are getting ugly."
In his statement, Nick, 33, didn't specify the reason why they grew apart, but he denied infidelity rumor. "My main focus is my kids," the "America's Got Talent" presenter said of their 3-year-old twins, Moroccan and Monroe.
Nick and Mariah, 44, married in the Bahamas in April 2008 after just six weeks of dating. The couple renewed their vows in lavish ceremonies every year except for their most recent anniversary which they claimed was celebrated in a low-key event.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson