Mariah Carey Focusing on Her Kids and Career After Nick Cannon Confirms Split
Mariah Carey is radio silent after Nick Cannon confirmed "there is trouble in paradise." "I don't comment on Mariah's personal life," her representative said, before adding, "but Mariah is focusing on her children and her upcoming tour."
Rumor has it, the singer was "devastated" by Nick's statement. "They had agreed to work on a statement together. A joint statement was being prepared when he went and gave those quotes to The Insider," an insider told E! News.
"She thinks it was extremely childish, impulsive and opportunistic," the source added. "For her, it was the last straw. She's done with him now." The insider said, "He was not supposed to say a word ... "It's no longer amicable. Things are getting ugly."
In his statement, Nick, 33, didn't specify the reason why they grew apart, but he denied infidelity rumor. "My main focus is my kids," the "America's Got Talent" presenter said of their 3-year-old twins, Moroccan and Monroe.
Nick and Mariah, 44, married in the Bahamas in April 2008 after just six weeks of dating. The couple renewed their vows in lavish ceremonies every year except for their most recent anniversary which they claimed was celebrated in a low-key event.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons