Morrissey's New Album Removed From iTunes After Singer Blasts Record Label
Morrissey's newest album "World Peace Is None of Your Business" is no longer available for purchase on digital retailers including iTunes and Amazon.com. As pointed out by Slicing Up Eyeballs, the LP which was released a few weeks ago has also been removed from streaming sites like Spotify or Rdio.
The removal came shortly after Mos criticized his record label Capitol/Harvest in a new statement posted on fansite True to You. In the lengthy message titled "Please Close the Door Behind Me", the singer detailed his relationship with the record company.
"Harvest initially appeared like a saintly beacon of light," he said at the beginning of the post before expressing his disappointment with the label's decision to refuse filming a proper music video for his song "Istanbul".
"The label backed off, even though Istanbul received 55 radio plays in just seven days on a major US station. Instead, the label requested a fifth spoken-word film, which naturally had me fumbling around for an axe: no independent thought required," he complained.
He went on revealing that "a quite fantastic television advertisement to transmit during the week ahead of the album release" was created but it was never aired.
"I might be wrong, but I think World peace is none of your business will instantly disappear from iTunes and record stores and every download-upload-offload outlet on the planet, because Harvest technically have no right to sell it," he concluded.
The drama between Morrissey and Harvest began earlier this month after True to You reported that the British musician was dropped by the label. Days later, Billboard claimed the story was not true, saying he still owed the label another album. The former member of The Smiths then confirmed he and Harvest had indeed parted ways.
"Both Morrissey and Morrissey's lawyer are in possession of email correspondence from Steve Barnett (head of Capitol-Harvest Records), and also from Steve Barnett's personal assistant, both of whom confirm that Capitol-Harvest have ended their relationship with Morrissey," read a statement posted earlier this week.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!