Bryan Singer's Sex Abuse Accuser Seeks Dismissal of the Case as He Has No Lawyer
A former aspiring model named Michael Egan, who previously accused "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him when he was a minor, seeks to dismiss the case. According to The Associated Press, Egan's move to dismiss the case was not caused by Singer's strength in defense, but Egan's lack of lawyer.
In his latest filing, Egan explains that the dismissal "has little to do with the strength of (Singer's) defense, but rather, it is a consequence of the current circumstances regarding my case, my lack of legal counsel, and my inability to proceed in this matter acting on my own behalf." In July, Egan's lawyer asked to be removed from the case after their client-lawyer relationship had broken down.
Egan said in a court document on Wednesday, August 20 that he sought dismissal in sealed documents in federal court in Honolulu, adding that he wanted to dismiss the case without prejudice. It means, he may re-file the case in the future.
Singer's lawyers, meanwhile, wanted Egan to dismiss the case with prejudice and the cost would be paid by Egan. "By allowing Egan to walk away from this lawsuit now - without any consequences whatsoever - would be inherently prejudicial to Singer," the lawyers said. They hope the move will "dispose of Egan's malicious lawsuit once and for all."
Egan filed a lawsuit against Singer earlier this year, alleging that the director inappropriately touched him in a house in Encino and Hawaii when he was a minor. The filmmaker denied the allegations.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media