Bryan Singer's Sex Abuse Accuser Seeks Dismissal of the Case as He Has No Lawyer
A former aspiring model named Michael Egan, who previously accused "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him when he was a minor, seeks to dismiss the case. According to The Associated Press, Egan's move to dismiss the case was not caused by Singer's strength in defense, but Egan's lack of lawyer.
In his latest filing, Egan explains that the dismissal "has little to do with the strength of (Singer's) defense, but rather, it is a consequence of the current circumstances regarding my case, my lack of legal counsel, and my inability to proceed in this matter acting on my own behalf." In July, Egan's lawyer asked to be removed from the case after their client-lawyer relationship had broken down.
Egan said in a court document on Wednesday, August 20 that he sought dismissal in sealed documents in federal court in Honolulu, adding that he wanted to dismiss the case without prejudice. It means, he may re-file the case in the future.
Singer's lawyers, meanwhile, wanted Egan to dismiss the case with prejudice and the cost would be paid by Egan. "By allowing Egan to walk away from this lawsuit now - without any consequences whatsoever - would be inherently prejudicial to Singer," the lawyers said. They hope the move will "dispose of Egan's malicious lawsuit once and for all."
Egan filed a lawsuit against Singer earlier this year, alleging that the director inappropriately touched him in a house in Encino and Hawaii when he was a minor. The filmmaker denied the allegations.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding