Matthew McConaughey Announced as Lincoln's Spokesman
The Lincoln Motor Company has tapped Matthew McConaughey as their new spokesman. In a press release on Thursday, August 21, the company said that the Oscar-winning actor would appear in digital and TV campaigns for the brand for the next two years.
The first ad featuring the "Dallas Buyers Club" star is aimed to introduce Lincoln's MKC. Directed by "Drive" helmer Nicolas Winding Refn, the commercial was shot in Austin. The first commercial will air next month.
"The campaign's not screaming for attention," McConaughey said in a preview for the ad. "It's as much about the tone, the mood, the silent moments in between the words and in between the dialogue." Speaking of Lincoln, he said it is "a classic, iconic American brand... I like the history, I like that it's American-made."
Matt VanDyke, Lincoln's global head of marketing, has also expressed his excitement for working with the 44-year-old star. "Now is the perfect opportunity to share to a wider audience what our brand offers. Matthew is the ideal personality to help us tell this story, and it is only the beginning of what we trust will be a fantastic relationship," he said.
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'