Matthew McConaughey Announced as Lincoln's Spokesman
The Lincoln Motor Company has tapped Matthew McConaughey as their new spokesman. In a press release on Thursday, August 21, the company said that the Oscar-winning actor would appear in digital and TV campaigns for the brand for the next two years.
The first ad featuring the "Dallas Buyers Club" star is aimed to introduce Lincoln's MKC. Directed by "Drive" helmer Nicolas Winding Refn, the commercial was shot in Austin. The first commercial will air next month.
"The campaign's not screaming for attention," McConaughey said in a preview for the ad. "It's as much about the tone, the mood, the silent moments in between the words and in between the dialogue." Speaking of Lincoln, he said it is "a classic, iconic American brand... I like the history, I like that it's American-made."
Matt VanDyke, Lincoln's global head of marketing, has also expressed his excitement for working with the 44-year-old star. "Now is the perfect opportunity to share to a wider audience what our brand offers. Matthew is the ideal personality to help us tell this story, and it is only the beginning of what we trust will be a fantastic relationship," he said.
More Matthew McConaughey News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift