Matthew McConaughey Announced as Lincoln's Spokesman
The Lincoln Motor Company has tapped Matthew McConaughey as their new spokesman. In a press release on Thursday, August 21, the company said that the Oscar-winning actor would appear in digital and TV campaigns for the brand for the next two years.
The first ad featuring the "Dallas Buyers Club" star is aimed to introduce Lincoln's MKC. Directed by "Drive" helmer Nicolas Winding Refn, the commercial was shot in Austin. The first commercial will air next month.
"The campaign's not screaming for attention," McConaughey said in a preview for the ad. "It's as much about the tone, the mood, the silent moments in between the words and in between the dialogue." Speaking of Lincoln, he said it is "a classic, iconic American brand... I like the history, I like that it's American-made."
Matt VanDyke, Lincoln's global head of marketing, has also expressed his excitement for working with the 44-year-old star. "Now is the perfect opportunity to share to a wider audience what our brand offers. Matthew is the ideal personality to help us tell this story, and it is only the beginning of what we trust will be a fantastic relationship," he said.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked