Jessie J Announces New Album 'Sweet Talker', Shares 'Bang Bang' Behind-the-Scenes Video
More details about Jessie J's anticipated new album have been revealed. On Thursday, August 21, the British songbird announced that her third studio effort would be titled "Sweet Talker" and it's scheduled to come out in the U.S. on October 14 and a day earlier in her home country. She's seen posing in a black bra and a high-waist shorts in the new LP's cover art.
Jessie has worked with Diplo, Tricky Stewart, The-Dream, Max Martin and 2 Chainz for her forthcoming full-length. "It was the quickest album I ever made," she told Radio.com. "I'm really proud of it though. I really feel like it represents where I'm at right now as a singer, as a woman, as a person, emotionally, everything."
The follow-up to last year's "Alive" has been preceded by lead single "Bang Bang" featuring Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj. The song, which recently entered the top 10 on Billboard Hot 100, will be performed live by the trio during the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, August 24. Its accompanying music video will be released after the performance.
Speaking of the video, the three ladies have just teased it with a behind-the-scenes clip that sees them spending a day partying with a bunch of friends. Hannah Lux Davis, who shot the visuals on the Paramount lot in Hollywood, says, "The concept of the video is really about girls coming together and partying it up." She goes on to explain that Jessie shows up on a hot summer day and "really brings everybody together and they kinda start this movement through the city."
More Jessie J News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics