Justin Bieber's Entourage Allegedly Bribes Canadian Border Official
Justin Bieber's crew has been accused of bribing a Canadian border official so that his two American friends could gain entry to the country when he performed. According to a Thursday, August 21 report by TMZ, a female officer at the Niagara Falls has been fired for accepting $10,000 in backstage pass from the 21-year-old pop star's entourage.
Canada may not allow people with criminal record to gain entry to the country. It is unclear when the incident took place, but Bieber performed twice in the country last year. The story allegedly emerged after Bieber's other friends demanded similar treatment at the border. The Canadian performer's camp has not responded to the story.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has confirmed that they are aware of claims including "accepting gifts, hospitality and other benefits; acceptances of travel offer from a third party and misuse of government electronic networks; abuse of authority; and, engaging in preferential treatment." A spokesperson for CBSA Esme Bailey said in an email to Huffington Post that "upon learning of allegations of serious misconduct in the Southern Ontario Region, the Agency took immediate action."
In other news, last week Bieber paid over $10,700 for his pet monkey Mally which he abandoned in Germany last year, Central European News reports. Back then, the pop star was not allowed to bring the animal into the country because he could not show the paper work. The German Federal Nature Conservation Agency said the money would be used to cover the monkey's living expenses at the shelter.
More Justin Bieber News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3