Kevin Sorbo Apologizes for Calling Protesters in Ferguson 'Losers'
Kevin Sorbo has issued an apology via his Facebook account after calling people in Ferguson, Missouri, who took part in protests following the death of an African American teenager Michael Brown, "losers" and "animals." The former "Hercules" actor, who landed in hot water for writing the now-deleted post, explained in a Thursday, August 21 post that his wording was chosen out of anger over the looting.
"Okay... I stand humiliated and humbled. My most sincere apologies for my post on the events in Ferguson. I posted out of frustration and anger over the violence and looting. My words were never meant to hurt the African-American community. My use of the word 'losers' was directed at those doing the looting and vandalising and violence toward others," he explained.
"Anyone who does that is a loser in my book. So I will not apologise to those who are looting stores and vandalising [their] own community," he continued, before concluding the post, "Yes. I am an idiot and do hold myself accountable for the way my post came off."
In the previous post, Sorbo said, "Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man. It is an excuse to be the losers these animals truly are. It is a tipping point to frustration built up over years of not trying, but blaming everyone else, The Man, for their failures. It's always someone else's fault when you give up."
He also slammed President Obama in the post. "Hopefully this is a reminder to the African Americans ( I always thought we just Americans. Oh, well.) that their President [they] voted in has only made things worse for them, not better," he wrote.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'