'Dating Naked' Contestant Sues Producers for Showing Her Crotch
"Dating Naked" contestant sues producers for showing her naked on the show. Jessie Nizewitz, who appeared in a July 31 episode of the reality series, has filed a $10 million lawsuit against Viacom, Firelight Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment for allegedly failing to blur her crotch.
"Although I went on this show knowing that I would be nude while taping it, I was told that my private parts would be blurred for TV," Nizewitz says in a statement. "If you watch an episode, you will see that the blur actually makes it less revealing than a bikini would. Obviously, I did not expect the world to see my private parts, this is not what I anticipated or what any other contestants on the show anticipated."
The scene she refers to showed her performing a playful wrestling move on her date while both of them were naked. The 28-year-old New York model additionally claims that she was subsequently insulted and humiliated after the uncensored footage of her aired on VH1.
"Plaintiff... was shocked, horrified and outraged to observe this intrusion into her privacy for all to see," reads the suit. "Immediately Plaintiff became subject to ridicule by those watching. ... Plaintiff has suffered and continues to suffer extreme emotional distress, mental anguish, humiliation and embarrassment. ... Defendants knew or reasonably should have known that broadcasting an individual's vagina and anus on national cable television would cause substantial and severe emotional distress."
Nizewitz, who is represented by Matthew Blit of the NYC offices of Levine & Blit, PLLC, says that a man she dated never called her again after the show aired. She further claims that she has suffered "economic loss" due to "unauthorized commercial use of uncensored images of" her private parts.
"Dating Naked" typically censors breasts and genitals, but shows bare buttocks. The controversial show has been slammed by Parents Television Council (PTC) for putting semi-nudity on basic cable.
Discovery Channel led the current wave of nude reality shows by launching "Naked and Afraid" in June 2013. TLC then followed it with "Buying Naked" which premiered in November.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show