Pamela Anderson Refuses Ice Bucket Challenge Due to 'Cruel' and 'Outdated' Animal Testing
While a lot of celebrities have completed Ice Bucket Challenge, which is intended to raise awareness of ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease, Pamela Anderson refused to do it. She posted a long message on Facebook on Wednesday, August 20 to challenge ALS Association "to stop animal testing" for ALS research.
The 47-year-old actress wrote, "Sorry -I can't bring myself to do your Ice bucket challenge. I enjoy a good dare- It's always good to bring awareness - in fun, creative ways / I don't want to take away from that. but it had me thinking. Digging a bit deeper. I found that we may not be aligned - in our messages. So...- I thought Instead / I'd challenge ALS to stop Animal testing."
Pamela went on describing the various methods used in the research, "Recent experiments funded by the ALS Association, mice had holes drilled into their skulls, were inflicted with crippling illnesses, and were forced to run on an inclined treadmill until they collapsed from exhaustion. Monkeys had chemicals injected into their brains and backs and were later killed and dissected."
She concluded her long-written message with, "Please, help scientists make real progress toward treating and curing human diseases by visiting HumaneSeal.org to find and support charities that never harm animals and which pour their time and resources into advanced, promising, human-relevant cures."
Other celebrities like Carey Hart, Shay Mitchell and Zachary Quinto also refused to do the Ice Bucket Challenge but still gave their donations. Each of them posted on Instagram a screenshot of their donation confirmation along with their reason not to take the challenge.
More Pamela Anderson News
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick