'Iron Man 3' Helmer Shane Black to Direct 'The Destroyer' for Sony
Sony Pictures hires "Iron Man 3" helmer Shane Black to tackle adventure-action movie "The Destroyer". The project is being written by "Fight Club" scribe Jim Uhls in collaboration with James Mullaney, who co-authored books in the series.
"The Destroyer is a two-fisted classic and deserves no less than the genius of Shane Black," Columbia's president of production Michael De Luca said in a statement. "We couldn't be more excited about his vision for this character."
"The Destroyer" is an adaptation of the adventure book series by Warren Murphy. It is set in 1970s-era where Newark police officer Remo Williams was framed, sentenced to death, then resurrected following a botched execution. He is given a second lease on life serving in the enforcement arm of the clandestine U.S. government agency CURE. Williams teams with the Asian assassin Chiun and together they clean up and eliminate those who oppose America's interests.
Charles Roven, Steven Chasman and Andy Horwitz will produce the film. Sony has no release date yet. The novel was first made into a movie in 1985 starring Fred Ward as Williams.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake