'Iron Man 3' Helmer Shane Black to Direct 'The Destroyer' for Sony
Sony Pictures hires "Iron Man 3" helmer Shane Black to tackle adventure-action movie "The Destroyer". The project is being written by "Fight Club" scribe Jim Uhls in collaboration with James Mullaney, who co-authored books in the series.
"The Destroyer is a two-fisted classic and deserves no less than the genius of Shane Black," Columbia's president of production Michael De Luca said in a statement. "We couldn't be more excited about his vision for this character."
"The Destroyer" is an adaptation of the adventure book series by Warren Murphy. It is set in 1970s-era where Newark police officer Remo Williams was framed, sentenced to death, then resurrected following a botched execution. He is given a second lease on life serving in the enforcement arm of the clandestine U.S. government agency CURE. Williams teams with the Asian assassin Chiun and together they clean up and eliminate those who oppose America's interests.
Charles Roven, Steven Chasman and Andy Horwitz will produce the film. Sony has no release date yet. The novel was first made into a movie in 1985 starring Fred Ward as Williams.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign