Scott Weiland Calls Arrest Report a 'Lie'
Scott Weiland denies that he has been arrested. In a video posted on his Facebook, he says that he has been "locked up ... in the studio," instead of being in jail as reported by TMZ. "I just got reading something very interesting," he says in the clip showing him in a studio in Los Angeles. "A nice piece of fiction from TMZ saying that I was in jail and have been for a month."
He insisted, "I've actually been touring, writing and recording my new album, at the studio we're in right now, a Los Angeles studio. So all I have to say to our fans is whether you find it funny, or interesting, or whether you're sad, don't worry, don't fret. It's a lie." He apparently plans to take legal action against the site which first spread the news, saying, "TMZ, you'll be hearing from my attorneys. Thank you."
TMZ earlier reported that Weiland had been in jail for almost a month after being arrested on July 26 for alleged burglary and possession of a controlled substance. The Beverly Hills Police Department additionally told E! News that Weiland was caught stealing some razors and other cosmetic items at a Rite Aid on Bedford Drive.
Various sites even obtained details of the alleged incident, saying that he walked past a security guard who tried to stop him, but cops put him into handcuffs down the block. When police searched him, they found methamphetamine on him at the time.
The 48-year-old musician was reportedly processed at the Beverly Hills station and later got transferred to Men's Central Jail in Los Angeles on August 2. His bail was initially set at $20,000 but was then upped to $95,000.
Weiland has previously had a run-in with the law. The singer, who was fired from rock band Stone Temple Pilots in 2013, was caught and convicted of buying crack cocaine in 1995 and was sentenced to one year's probation. In December 2007, Weiland was arrested and charged with DUI.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'