David Yates Eyed to Direct 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'
David Yates may return to the world of "Harry Potter" in the spin-off pic, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". Nothing is set in stone yet but the filmmaker is in active negotiations to direct the planned trilogy for Warner Bros.
Sources told Variety that WB always wanted someone familiar with the franchise. Yates directed four of the eight "Harry Potter" films, particularly the last four crucial installments. Both sides may have to work on the production schedule because Yates is currently busy directing "Tarzan" for the studio through November.
J.K. Rowling, author of the book series, is making her screenwriting debut in "Fantastic Beast". Film will focus on a fictional book writer Newt Scamander who is tasked to write a Hogwarts textbook about the magical creatures. It is set in New York seven decades before Harry Potter's adventure starts.
"Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for seventeen years, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world," Rowling said previously.
"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is scheduled to hit theaters November 18, 2016. No actor has been cast in the movie yet.
More Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them News
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo