Julianne Hough Announces Return to 'Dancing with the Stars' as Fourth Judge
It's official, Julianne Hough will serve as the fourth judge on "Dancing with the Stars". She joins regular judges, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, and Len Goodman, for the upcoming nineteenth season. The former "DWTS" pro dancer announced it on "Good Morning America".
The "Footloose" actress said it was "the right time and the right kind of opportunity" for her to return to the dancing competition. "Dancing with the Stars has always been a part of my family," the blonde beauty explained. "That's where it all began for me, so it just kind of made sense."
When asked if she would be biased against her brother Derek Hough who is currently serving as a pro member on "DWTS", she said, "I think that's a very valid question. It's going to be how it was when I guest-judged. It's not necessarily about Derek and the pro dancer, it's about the collaboration, the team effort, and what they're doing as a partnership, and really the celebrity can do to improve each week."
"I'm so excited to be back with my Dancing with the Stars family again on a regular basis. I've always aspired to be an all-around entertainer, whether I'm acting, dancing or singing, and I'm thrilled for this opportunity that will allow me to continue all of those pursuits," she later said in a statement.
"Derek and I just finished our Move Live on Tour, which reminded me how much I miss the interaction with the dance fans that have been so supportive of me in my career. I am warming up the paddles and the sass, and I'm ready to have fun in this new role."
"We are delighted to welcome Julianne back to the DWTS family," executive producer Rob Wade gushed. "Her blend of ballroom dancing experience and unique judging ability make her the ideal choice for the show, and we are very excited to have her, Carrie Ann, Bruno and Len on board."
Julianne previously sat as a guest judge on season 17 and season 18. She is a two-time champion on the dancing competition, winning in the fourth season with Apolo Anton Ohno and the fifth season with Helio Castroneves.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts