Julianne Hough Announces Return to 'Dancing with the Stars' as Fourth Judge
It's official, Julianne Hough will serve as the fourth judge on "Dancing with the Stars". She joins regular judges, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, and Len Goodman, for the upcoming nineteenth season. The former "DWTS" pro dancer announced it on "Good Morning America".
The "Footloose" actress said it was "the right time and the right kind of opportunity" for her to return to the dancing competition. "Dancing with the Stars has always been a part of my family," the blonde beauty explained. "That's where it all began for me, so it just kind of made sense."
When asked if she would be biased against her brother Derek Hough who is currently serving as a pro member on "DWTS", she said, "I think that's a very valid question. It's going to be how it was when I guest-judged. It's not necessarily about Derek and the pro dancer, it's about the collaboration, the team effort, and what they're doing as a partnership, and really the celebrity can do to improve each week."
"I'm so excited to be back with my Dancing with the Stars family again on a regular basis. I've always aspired to be an all-around entertainer, whether I'm acting, dancing or singing, and I'm thrilled for this opportunity that will allow me to continue all of those pursuits," she later said in a statement.
"Derek and I just finished our Move Live on Tour, which reminded me how much I miss the interaction with the dance fans that have been so supportive of me in my career. I am warming up the paddles and the sass, and I'm ready to have fun in this new role."
"We are delighted to welcome Julianne back to the DWTS family," executive producer Rob Wade gushed. "Her blend of ballroom dancing experience and unique judging ability make her the ideal choice for the show, and we are very excited to have her, Carrie Ann, Bruno and Len on board."
Julianne previously sat as a guest judge on season 17 and season 18. She is a two-time champion on the dancing competition, winning in the fourth season with Apolo Anton Ohno and the fifth season with Helio Castroneves.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled