Pierce Brosnan Almost Played Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's 'Batman'
Pierce Brosnan reveals that he was once up to portray the titular Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's "Batman" film series. In a chat on Reddit AMA, "The November Man" actor explains why he eventually turned down the role.
"Yes, I did. I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman," he said. "But I just couldn't really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I?"
He went on, "Don't get me wrong, because I love Batman, and I grew up on Batman. As a kid in Ireland, we used to get our raincoats and tie them round our neck and swing through the bicycle shed."
Burton eventually cast Michael Keaton in 1989's "Batman" and reunited with the actor in the 1992 sequel "Batman Returns".
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting