Pierce Brosnan Almost Played Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's 'Batman'
Pierce Brosnan reveals that he was once up to portray the titular Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's "Batman" film series. In a chat on Reddit AMA, "The November Man" actor explains why he eventually turned down the role.
"Yes, I did. I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman," he said. "But I just couldn't really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I?"
He went on, "Don't get me wrong, because I love Batman, and I grew up on Batman. As a kid in Ireland, we used to get our raincoats and tie them round our neck and swing through the bicycle shed."
Burton eventually cast Michael Keaton in 1989's "Batman" and reunited with the actor in the 1992 sequel "Batman Returns".
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free