Pierce Brosnan Almost Played Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's 'Batman'
Pierce Brosnan reveals that he was once up to portray the titular Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's "Batman" film series. In a chat on Reddit AMA, "The November Man" actor explains why he eventually turned down the role.
"Yes, I did. I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman," he said. "But I just couldn't really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I?"
He went on, "Don't get me wrong, because I love Batman, and I grew up on Batman. As a kid in Ireland, we used to get our raincoats and tie them round our neck and swing through the bicycle shed."
Burton eventually cast Michael Keaton in 1989's "Batman" and reunited with the actor in the 1992 sequel "Batman Returns".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media