Pierce Brosnan Almost Played Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's 'Batman'
Pierce Brosnan reveals that he was once up to portray the titular Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's "Batman" film series. In a chat on Reddit AMA, "The November Man" actor explains why he eventually turned down the role.
"Yes, I did. I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman," he said. "But I just couldn't really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I?"
He went on, "Don't get me wrong, because I love Batman, and I grew up on Batman. As a kid in Ireland, we used to get our raincoats and tie them round our neck and swing through the bicycle shed."
Burton eventually cast Michael Keaton in 1989's "Batman" and reunited with the actor in the 1992 sequel "Batman Returns".
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars