Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Separation Claim Is Not True, Rep Says
A report claiming that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson "temporarily split for a month" is not true. The "Captain Phillips" star and his wife, who have been married for 26 years, previously were said "quietly" separating recently, but a representative for the actor has told Gossip Cop that the story is "hogwash."
The separation report was published by InTouch on Wednesday, August 20. The report cited a so-called "friend" who claimed that Hanks and his wife "hit a rough patch. They were leading separate lives." It continued saying that Wilson lived alone in their $26 million mansion in Pacific Palisades while Hanks stayed at a producer's house before heading for Egypt to film "A Hologram for the King".
"Although they attended social functions and walked their dog together, they were living in separate residences," a source said. The split allegedly lasted for a month before they rekindled their relationship. "Tom and Rita are not just husband and wife, they are best friends. It will take a lot to split this couple up for good," the source added.
In happier news, Hanks recently released a typewriter app for iPad called "Hanx Write". The app, which gives the look and sounds of the real typewriter, is available for free download on Apple Store, but additional themes can be purchased for $2.99 each. "With Hanx Writer, you'll hear the rhythm of your work with SHOOK SHOOK or FITT-FITT. You can rely on a DELETE key to correct your typos, or turn that off. Be bold and fearless!" he said.
More Tom Hanks News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special