Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Separation Claim Is Not True, Rep Says
A report claiming that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson "temporarily split for a month" is not true. The "Captain Phillips" star and his wife, who have been married for 26 years, previously were said "quietly" separating recently, but a representative for the actor has told Gossip Cop that the story is "hogwash."
The separation report was published by InTouch on Wednesday, August 20. The report cited a so-called "friend" who claimed that Hanks and his wife "hit a rough patch. They were leading separate lives." It continued saying that Wilson lived alone in their $26 million mansion in Pacific Palisades while Hanks stayed at a producer's house before heading for Egypt to film "A Hologram for the King".
"Although they attended social functions and walked their dog together, they were living in separate residences," a source said. The split allegedly lasted for a month before they rekindled their relationship. "Tom and Rita are not just husband and wife, they are best friends. It will take a lot to split this couple up for good," the source added.
In happier news, Hanks recently released a typewriter app for iPad called "Hanx Write". The app, which gives the look and sounds of the real typewriter, is available for free download on Apple Store, but additional themes can be purchased for $2.99 each. "With Hanx Writer, you'll hear the rhythm of your work with SHOOK SHOOK or FITT-FITT. You can rely on a DELETE key to correct your typos, or turn that off. Be bold and fearless!" he said.
More Tom Hanks News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?