'Rock the Kasbah' Set for April 2015 Release
Open Road Films announces release date for upcoming comedy "Rock the Kasbah". The all-star film directed by Oscar winner Barry Levinson and written by Mitch Glazer is scheduled to make its way out across the States starting April 25, 2015.
The movie stars the likes of Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel, Danny McBride, Taylor Kinney and Bill Murray. Shia LaBeouf was originally set to play a role but he departed, and Scott Caan was brought in as replacement.
The film follows Richie Vance, a has-been rock manager who takes his last remaining client on a USO tour of Afghanistan. When he finds himself in Kabul, abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice and manages her through Afghanistan's version of "American Idol", the wildly popular "Afghan Star".
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes