Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gives Updates on 'Sandman' Movie
What is the status of "Sandman" movie? Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is attached to star in the film and is rumored serve as a director, gives updates including info that Neil Gaiman, who wrote the comic book series which the pic is based on, is actually involved in the development.
"Right now we're working on a script," he said in an interview with Moviefone. "It's me and [David S.] Goyer and the screenwriter [Jack Thorne] and Neil Gaiman, as well as the good folks at DC and Warner Bros. It's a really cool team of people. It's a lot of the same people who worked on the Nolan 'Batman' movies. It's really exciting."
He went on, "There's not a script yet, we're still kind of working it out because it's such a complicated adaptation because 'Sandman' wasn't written as novels," before comparing it to another movie title he starred in, " 'Sin City' was written as a novel. 'Sandman' is 75 episodic issues. There's a reason people have been trying and failing to adapt 'Sandman' for the past 20 years."
"Sandman" is planned for a December 2016 release, while "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is coming on August 22. Gordon-Levitt is currently completing "The Walk", a biopic about French high-wire artist Philippe Petit. It's based on Petit's walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in 1974. It's due October 2, 2015.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'