Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gives Updates on 'Sandman' Movie
What is the status of "Sandman" movie? Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is attached to star in the film and is rumored serve as a director, gives updates including info that Neil Gaiman, who wrote the comic book series which the pic is based on, is actually involved in the development.
"Right now we're working on a script," he said in an interview with Moviefone. "It's me and [David S.] Goyer and the screenwriter [Jack Thorne] and Neil Gaiman, as well as the good folks at DC and Warner Bros. It's a really cool team of people. It's a lot of the same people who worked on the Nolan 'Batman' movies. It's really exciting."
He went on, "There's not a script yet, we're still kind of working it out because it's such a complicated adaptation because 'Sandman' wasn't written as novels," before comparing it to another movie title he starred in, " 'Sin City' was written as a novel. 'Sandman' is 75 episodic issues. There's a reason people have been trying and failing to adapt 'Sandman' for the past 20 years."
"Sandman" is planned for a December 2016 release, while "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is coming on August 22. Gordon-Levitt is currently completing "The Walk", a biopic about French high-wire artist Philippe Petit. It's based on Petit's walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in 1974. It's due October 2, 2015.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics