Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gives Updates on 'Sandman' Movie
What is the status of "Sandman" movie? Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is attached to star in the film and is rumored serve as a director, gives updates including info that Neil Gaiman, who wrote the comic book series which the pic is based on, is actually involved in the development.
"Right now we're working on a script," he said in an interview with Moviefone. "It's me and [David S.] Goyer and the screenwriter [Jack Thorne] and Neil Gaiman, as well as the good folks at DC and Warner Bros. It's a really cool team of people. It's a lot of the same people who worked on the Nolan 'Batman' movies. It's really exciting."
He went on, "There's not a script yet, we're still kind of working it out because it's such a complicated adaptation because 'Sandman' wasn't written as novels," before comparing it to another movie title he starred in, " 'Sin City' was written as a novel. 'Sandman' is 75 episodic issues. There's a reason people have been trying and failing to adapt 'Sandman' for the past 20 years."
"Sandman" is planned for a December 2016 release, while "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is coming on August 22. Gordon-Levitt is currently completing "The Walk", a biopic about French high-wire artist Philippe Petit. It's based on Petit's walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in 1974. It's due October 2, 2015.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'