Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gives Updates on 'Sandman' Movie
What is the status of "Sandman" movie? Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is attached to star in the film and is rumored serve as a director, gives updates including info that Neil Gaiman, who wrote the comic book series which the pic is based on, is actually involved in the development.
"Right now we're working on a script," he said in an interview with Moviefone. "It's me and [David S.] Goyer and the screenwriter [Jack Thorne] and Neil Gaiman, as well as the good folks at DC and Warner Bros. It's a really cool team of people. It's a lot of the same people who worked on the Nolan 'Batman' movies. It's really exciting."
He went on, "There's not a script yet, we're still kind of working it out because it's such a complicated adaptation because 'Sandman' wasn't written as novels," before comparing it to another movie title he starred in, " 'Sin City' was written as a novel. 'Sandman' is 75 episodic issues. There's a reason people have been trying and failing to adapt 'Sandman' for the past 20 years."
"Sandman" is planned for a December 2016 release, while "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is coming on August 22. Gordon-Levitt is currently completing "The Walk", a biopic about French high-wire artist Philippe Petit. It's based on Petit's walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in 1974. It's due October 2, 2015.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed