Meg Ryan Reportedly Splits From John Mellencamp
Meg Ryan and her musician boyfriend John Mellencamp reportedly have decided to go separate ways after three years of dating. A source close to Mellencamp told Closer Weekly that the break-up took place "a couple of weeks ago."
The source additionally suggested that the lack of privacy contributed to the pair's separation. "I don't think he loved all the attention he got just from dating an actress. I bet he'll stay away from dating another famous person for a while," the source said.
A separate source told PEOPLE that distance was to blame for the split. "It was the distance. She lives in New York and he resides in Indiana. It was the long distance that ultimately was the cause," the source continued. Mellencamp's rep declined to say anything about his private life, while Ryan's has not responded to request for comments.
Prior to dating Ryan, Mellencamp was married to Elaine Irwin. The pair got divorced in 2011 after 19 years of marriage.
The "When Harry Meets Sally" actress, meanwhile, was previously married to Dennis Quaid. They separated in 2001. She has a 22-year-old son Jack with Quaid and a daughter named Daisy.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'