Meg Ryan Reportedly Splits From John Mellencamp
Meg Ryan and her musician boyfriend John Mellencamp reportedly have decided to go separate ways after three years of dating. A source close to Mellencamp told Closer Weekly that the break-up took place "a couple of weeks ago."
The source additionally suggested that the lack of privacy contributed to the pair's separation. "I don't think he loved all the attention he got just from dating an actress. I bet he'll stay away from dating another famous person for a while," the source said.
A separate source told PEOPLE that distance was to blame for the split. "It was the distance. She lives in New York and he resides in Indiana. It was the long distance that ultimately was the cause," the source continued. Mellencamp's rep declined to say anything about his private life, while Ryan's has not responded to request for comments.
Prior to dating Ryan, Mellencamp was married to Elaine Irwin. The pair got divorced in 2011 after 19 years of marriage.
The "When Harry Meets Sally" actress, meanwhile, was previously married to Dennis Quaid. They separated in 2001. She has a 22-year-old son Jack with Quaid and a daughter named Daisy.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'