Meg Ryan Reportedly Splits From John Mellencamp
Meg Ryan and her musician boyfriend John Mellencamp reportedly have decided to go separate ways after three years of dating. A source close to Mellencamp told Closer Weekly that the break-up took place "a couple of weeks ago."
The source additionally suggested that the lack of privacy contributed to the pair's separation. "I don't think he loved all the attention he got just from dating an actress. I bet he'll stay away from dating another famous person for a while," the source said.
A separate source told PEOPLE that distance was to blame for the split. "It was the distance. She lives in New York and he resides in Indiana. It was the long distance that ultimately was the cause," the source continued. Mellencamp's rep declined to say anything about his private life, while Ryan's has not responded to request for comments.
Prior to dating Ryan, Mellencamp was married to Elaine Irwin. The pair got divorced in 2011 after 19 years of marriage.
The "When Harry Meets Sally" actress, meanwhile, was previously married to Dennis Quaid. They separated in 2001. She has a 22-year-old son Jack with Quaid and a daughter named Daisy.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism