Meg Ryan Reportedly Splits From John Mellencamp
Meg Ryan and her musician boyfriend John Mellencamp reportedly have decided to go separate ways after three years of dating. A source close to Mellencamp told Closer Weekly that the break-up took place "a couple of weeks ago."
The source additionally suggested that the lack of privacy contributed to the pair's separation. "I don't think he loved all the attention he got just from dating an actress. I bet he'll stay away from dating another famous person for a while," the source said.
A separate source told PEOPLE that distance was to blame for the split. "It was the distance. She lives in New York and he resides in Indiana. It was the long distance that ultimately was the cause," the source continued. Mellencamp's rep declined to say anything about his private life, while Ryan's has not responded to request for comments.
Prior to dating Ryan, Mellencamp was married to Elaine Irwin. The pair got divorced in 2011 after 19 years of marriage.
The "When Harry Meets Sally" actress, meanwhile, was previously married to Dennis Quaid. They separated in 2001. She has a 22-year-old son Jack with Quaid and a daughter named Daisy.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle