T.I. Premieres New Track 'New National Anthem' Ft. Skylar Grey
T.I. has teamed up with Skylar Grey for a new collaboration called "New National Anthem". Arriving in the wake of Michael Brown's death, the track features Tip speaking out on police brutality, racism and injustice in the country.
"I know radio probably ain't gon' play this," he says at the beginning of the song. Elsewhere in the track, he adds, "I was raised in a decade of hate young n***a/ Always dodging polices because they hate young n***as/ And we hate them too...."
Grey joins him on the hook, singing, "Home of the brave and the free/ Free just to murder me/ Land of the beautiful, cursed by the hate we throw/ Is this the new national anthem?"
There's still no word on whether or not "New National Anthem" will be included in "Paperwork: The Motion Picture", T.I.'s new album that he plans to release later this year.
Prior to debuting the song, the rapper took to Instagram to voice his opinion about Brown's death and the clashes between protesters and police in Ferguson, Missouri. "America has created a monster. The result of ignoring & mishandling an already fragile spirited, recently enslaved, presently oppressed race/generation of people. Look at us. We're the monster that now refuses to be dismissed, overlooked and ignored. We were brought to this place, unaware of our own cultures, religion & traditions therefore, we created our own," he wrote.
More T.I. News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist